简介: In this article, we list some of the best email clients for Linux 桌面.
Even in this age of browser based email services, some of us rely on desktop email clients for checking our emails. 所以, here is a list of best email clients available on the Linux platform. Each of them is presented with the features they offer to give you an overall idea of them.
Best email clients for Linux
For clarification: The feature information is collected from their respective official websites as they are featured there. And the list is not all-inclusive. There will be many features which are not listed here, such as the basic features like – trash, archive etc. 还, the list is not in any specific order.
1. Nylas N1
Nylas N1 is next generation email app built with open web technologies. It has a really modern and slick user interface.
- Unified Inbox: N1 supports all the major email providers. 所以, you can manage all your accounts from a single interface.
- Contacts Management: Contacts with enriched profiles containing bio, social links, location info and more.
- Calendar Integration: N1 will check you calendar and let you book meetings at a suitable time when you are free or send your availability schedule to others.
- 贪睡: Snooze emails with lower-priorities for dealing with them later.
- 调度程序: You can schedule your email to be sent at a suitable time when most people open their mails.
- 隐私 & 安全: N1 leverages the PGP encryption for ensuring privacy and security.
- Mail Merge: You can send customized emails to a large number of people with a personal touch, 例如. you will type you mail once and N1 will enter each people’s name where you want it.
- Quick Reply Templates: You can create custom templates for various situations so that you can edit them and send replies quickly.
- 分析 & Tracking: It provides analytics features and tracking information, such as – email read notification, click counts of your sent links.
- 在线翻译: Built-in translation support for various languages.
- Nylas N1 needs a running server for storing your emails. It doesn’t offer free service for that. You will need to set-up a local (or remote) server for using N1.
Hiri is an email client for Microsoft and Exchange email services.
- Dashboard: Hiri presents a personalized dashboard with various information.
- Calendar Integration: It has a built-in calendar for managing your schedule.
- 任务管理器: It has an integrated task manager for efficiently managing your tasks.
- 4 Ds Workflow: Hiri provides a Delegate-Delete-Delay-Drag workflow. These are the main options you can apply to an email – forward it to another person, 删除它, snooze it for checking later or drag it to the task manager.
- Email Filter Section: It introduces two filters – Actionable and FYI. If the email was primarily sent to you it goes to your actionable section. If you were on the CC list, it will go to the FYI section.
- Email Rating: You can rate received emails and the sender can see the anonymous rating on their dashboard.
- Enterprise ready: Hiri is focused on big scale enterprise usage.
- Hiri is free for up to 10 用户.
- It only works with microsoft 和 Exchange email 服务.
- Hiri is closed sourced.
Thunderbird is one of the most popular and oldest open-sourced email client from Mozilla Foundation.
- Chat: Chat feature supporting various social platforms.
- Contacts Management: Includes an address book that can store detailed information about your contacts.
- Activity Manager: Recorded interactions between the email provider and Thunderbird.
- Smart Folder: Combined email folders for multiple accounts.
- 隐私 & 安全: Robust privacy options and phishing protection.
- 搜索 & Filter: Efficient search and quick filter tools for your emails as well as the web.
- Junk Mail Filter: Thunderbird has its own spam filter.
- Large File Management: Upload large attachments to outside storage providers without leaving Thunderbird.
- Customization: Thunderbird supports skins for changing the look & 感觉到. 还, there are add-ons for extending Thunderbird features.
Evolution is an open-source email client from GNOME 项目.
- Contacts Management: Built-in address book for contacts management.
- Calendar Integration: Calendar integration with your email account.
- 任务管理器: Built-in task management tool.
- 备注: Evolution includes a note-taking tool.
- Filters & 文件夹: Custom virtual folder support for search queries and filters.
- Junk Mail Filter: Includes spam filter powered by SpamAssassin.
- 隐私 & 安全: Evolution supports both PGP & S/MIME encryption.
- 插件: Plugins support for various functionalities.
- Integration: KMail integrates nicely with other Kontact components.
- 搜索 & Filter: Powerful search and filter functionalities for emails.
- 隐私 & 安全: KMail supports PGP & S/MIME encryption.
- Junk Mail Filter: Integrates with spam filters like SpamAssassin, Bogofilter 等.
- KMail is best suited in KDE desktop environment.
- 接口: Geary is modern looking and lightweight with a simple user-interface.
- Integration & Notification: Geary integrates well with GNOME desktop environment and provides notification for new mail.
- Geary is best suited in GNOME desktop environment or its variants.
Sylpheed is a lightweight email client that uses GTK + 接口.
- 接口: Sylpheed has a simple user-interface.
- 速度: Sylpheed is written in pure C 语言. 所以, it can handle a large amount of data without lagging.
- 搜索 & Filter: It has powerful and advanced search and filter functionalities.
- Junk Mail Filter: It supports Bogofilter, bsfilter 等. for spam filtering.
- 隐私 & 安全: It includes support for GPG encryption.
- Needs manual configuration for email accounts except Gmail.
8. Claws Mail
Claws Mail is another email client using GTK+ interface.
- Contacts Management: It has basic address book functionality.
- 插件: Claws Mail supports plugins for extending its features.
- Needs manual configuration for email accounts.
If you are an avid terminal fan, Mutt is a text-based email client.
- 接口: Mutt runs entirely in your terminal windows with a text-based user-interface.
- 安全: It supports PGP and MIME.
- Customization: Highly customizable with keybindings and macros support.
- Searching: Regular Expression support for searching emails.
- If you are a beginner user, you might find it difficult to configure Mutt.
Which one do you think is the best email client for Linux?
Whichever one you feel most comfortable with. If you have a company or team, Nylas N1 or Hiri, both are good choice. Though it can be a little troublesome at first to set-up Nylas N1 server but it’s worth it.
Thunderbird is the traditional email client and a safe bet for personal use. Bottom line is, go with what you like most.
Do you use desktop email clients or prefer the web-browser? If you do, which is the best email client for Linux in your opinion?