DiffImg Image Comparison Tool for Linux Ubuntu. Install DiffImg 2.2.0 on Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 14.10 and Ubuntu 15.10 Systems. DiffImg is a simple image comparison tool which take two images with the same size as input. Some statitics are computed and the positions where pixel differ are displayed as a color mask. The software can perform compression level comparison, raytracing parametrization optimisation and non regression tests for 3D engine.
- DifffImg use OpenCV as backend so it can read and compare 8/16/24/32 bits images without problem but only single channel and RGB image has been take into account, so alpha channel isn’t supported.
- Because DiffImg is written with Qt, it runs on Windows and Linux (MacOSX isn’t tested yet) and OS/2. It can read basic formats as BMP, PNG, JPG but also Tiff and OpenExR.
- Current Features
- Image difference display : a yellow/red mask can overlay the original/modified images.
- Single/Dual panels mode.
- Statistic computation: Mean error, RMS error and min/max are computed.
- Several metrics can be used for computing image difference.
- Histogram of error.
- “Slideshow” : DiffImg can compare directory of image, so you can switch to the previous/next comparison if you have two folders with the same image list.
- Supported files :DifffImg uses Qt plugins to load images, so by default it can read basic formats as BMP, PNG, JPG and OpenCV supported formats (Tiff, OpenExR). Some YUV format is also take into account.
- Basic batch mode
Install DiffImg 2.2.0 on Ubuntu
Run the following commands to install DiffImg 2.2.0 on Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 14.10 and Ubuntu 15.10 Systems.
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dhor/myway
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install diffimg
If you wish to uninstall and remove diffimg from Linux Ubuntu Systems, run the command given below:
$ sudo apt-get remove diffimg