Getting your site index in Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc is very overwhelming known. But the more overwhelming known is, how to get a website indexed into search engines? Well, WordPress the top blogging platform made it easier to get your site indexed in search engines, just by installing and activating a plugin. So, WordPress has a plugins directory where a person can browse plugins whatever he want. He can make a classifieds website, forum, and a social bookmarking site just with some plugins. Here comes a list of Top 12 WordPress SEO Plugins which can improve your website’s search engines ranking.
1. WordPress SEO by Yoast
Write better, unique and awesome content and get rid of worrying about your SEO. Because the plugin will make your WordPress website fully optimized for SEO. It also provides a live preview for about your post/page’s SEO pretending how strong your site SEO is?
It generates an XML sitemap for your website. To make it easier for crawlers to see the complete structure of your site.
Key Features of WordPress SEO by Yoast
- Optimize your Site Technically for SEO
- Analysis Page
- Meta and Link Elements
- Generates XML Sitemaps
- Canonical URLs
- RSS optimization
- Add Breadcrumbs for each Post/Page
- Edit your .htaccess and Robot.txt files automatically
- Social Media Integration for Facebook OpenGraph and Google+
- Ability to Import and Export
- It is very Compatible in multi-site
- Supports over 24 languages throughout the world
Check out the Setting up Guide for WordPress SEO by Yoast.
2. All in One SEO Pack
This WordPress SEO plugin optimizes your WordPress site seriously for search engines.All in One SEO Pack let’s you optimize keywords, description and home title for homepage. You can use this plugin to maximize the SEO benefits for your WordPress blog. Top key features for All in One SEO Pack are as follows:
- Google Analytics Supported
- Ability to Add Custom Post Types
- Page Navigational Links
- Canonical URLs
- Built-in API so other plugins/themes can access and extend functionality
- ONLY the plugin which provide exactly SEO Integration for WP e-Commerce sites
- Nonce Security
- Support for CMS-style WordPress installations
- Auto optimization of titles for search engines
- Auto generation of META tags
- Avoids duplicate content that found on WordPress blogs
- For beginners, they don’t even have to look at any options, because it works out-of-the-box. Just install
- For advanced users, they can fine-tune everything
- They can override any title and set any META description and any META keywords you want
- Backward-Compatibility with many other plugins, like Auto Meta, Ultimate Tag Warrior and others
3. Platinum SEO Pack
Platinum SEO Pack plugin offers a Complete suit integration for onsite SEO which gonna be a complete solution for your WordPress site. Platinum SEO Pack also offers all the functionality of All In One SEO Pack. Add index/noindex, follow/nofollow, noodp, noydir, noarchive, nosnippet meta tags for any post/page. These options are not available in All in one SEO Pack because that plugin add these things automatically. All search engine optimization in one plugin. This plugin works effectively and seriously look after for your WordPress SEO. These of the following key features by Platinum SEO Pack:
- Automatic redirects for 301 for any permalink changes
- Ability to add Canonical URLs
- Optimizes the title for pages and posts automatically
- Generates all SEO related meta tags automatically
- Like yoast, this plugin also offers to specify meta desc and keywords for Categories and Tags
- Helps you avoid duplicate content
- Support for custom post types
4. HeadSpace2 SEO
It Controls almost every part of your website’s meta-data, including (advanced tagging, Analytics, and dozens of plugins). The best WordPress SEO solution ever HeadSpace2. The plugin is available in over 20 language across the world. The provides the ability to configure the meta-data for these of the following pages:
- Home page
- Author pages
- Search pages
- 404 page
You also can define the keywords for tags and categories, page titles, descriptions, custom ‘more text’, site name and description, no-index and no-follow meta tags, Follow/follow on archive, category, page, tag, and comment links.
Let’s you allow the integration of Google Analytics, Webmasters tool, section targeting and a lot more.
The large number of other meta-data WordPress plugins, HeadSpace2 provides an official import and export function for the following plugins:
- Ultimate Tag Warrior
- All-in-one SEO
- HeadMeta Decription
- Jerome’s Keywords
- lud.icro.us Head Meta
- SEO Title Tags
- Simple tagging
5. Vibe SEO Pack
line-height: 24px;”>The WordPress SEO have never been easier as it is now-a-days. Vibe SEO Pack is a simple yet a powerful and easy to use SEO tool to optimize your search engine rank for your WordPress CMS using website.
line-height: 24px;”>Vibe SEO Pack has made it easy, to improve your site’s SERP. This is not just a WordPress SEO tool but by using this plugin, your site will have it’s own WordPress SEO adviser right next to 24/7. You don’t need to edit a line of code by using this plugin. You just focus on writing great content. It’ll automatically give you the hints on what you should do each time, and in order to achieve your desired goals in SEO results.
There are also advanced users options to make fine tuning for their sites (nofollow and noindex tags to specific pages and links, set up custom keywords and description to each post, revisit after tag, author tag, an many more).
Remember: Choose any one WordPress SEO plugin from above listings. Or if you choose two or more they will quarrel with each other and in this way it’s not possible for any of them to make your site search engine friendly.
6. Google XML Sitemaps Generator
Use Google XML sitemaps to index quickly your blog posts/pages into search engine. And actually this plugin generates an XML sitemap for your blog just after installing and activating the plugin. This sitemap can be used in all search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc, to index better your blog posts. The plugin has made it easy for the crawlers to view the complete structure of your website to index effectively. Now the plugin offer 4.0 beta version on WordPress plugins directory page.
To generate custom XML sitemaps
7. SEO Smart Links
With the recent and very effective discovery of SEO Smart Links plugin provides automatic SEO benefits for your site. Because the plugin can automatically interlink your site content with key pages and posts. Further this awesome WordPress plugin allows you to make your own keywords and set the matching URLs for them (means custom Keywords). Finally, it also allows you to set nofollow attribute and open external links in new window (by adding target=”_blank” tag).
- Better Navigation – Gives the user more valuable information by linking the keywords with your previousely posted posts/pages, which may caused to increase the pageviews and decrease the bounce rate too
- SEO – automatically interlinks your pages, passing page rank from one page to another helps your overall search engine rankings
The plugin is also available in pro version with more benefits. If want the pro version please Click Here.
8. 404 Redirect to Homepage
A simple WordPress plugin to redirect all 404 pages to the main blog URL permanently. I know there are several reasons, why should we do this? Well, the primary purpose of doing this is to siphon Google Page Rank for the missing pages from your blog to the homepage. If you wanna use this plugin and trying to download then just download it from here.
9. Broken Link Checker
This plugin is very effective in order to detect 404, 301 broken links from your blog only when just after installing and activating this plugin. It can check the posts, comments, missing images and other content for broken links automatically, and notify you if any are found by emailing you or via WordPress Dashboard. This plugin is available on WordPress plugins directory in over 20 + languages. You can access the plugin’s settings page by going to Settings > Link Checker in your blog.
- It Monitors the links from your blog posts, pages, comments, the blogroll, and from specified custom fields
- Automatically detects broken links, missing images and redirects
- It Notifies you either via the WordPress Admin Dashboard or by emailing you
- It Prevents the search engines from do-following these broken links which are found
- You can search and filter links by URL, anchor text and so on.
- The links can be edited from the plugin’s settings page
Download the Broken Link Checker Plugin now. How to use Broken Link Checker WP plugin.
10. Google Related Post Links
Google Related Post Links actually a great WordPress plugin which lets you add related links at the end of each post from your blog. The links are highly relevant because the plugin is using Google unmatched search technology to get matched links. The top benefit of using this plugin is that links are highly SEO friendly and can be easily indexed by search engine robots.
- Highly relevant related post links (more than 8 links).
- The links can be indexed by search engine robots easily
11. Taxonomic SEO Permalink
Taxonomic SEO Permalink plugin let’s you set the permalink structure by using custom taxonomies just like you use %category% or %postname% in your permalink structure. WordPress does support some options which help you in rewriting the permalinks, when creating custom taxonomies. I just found this thing is not actually working. So, I thought to reviewed on this plugin to fix this issue. It modifies links to posts at all the places in the blog, it helps your blog to parsing the URLs. Actually this Plugin let’s you make SEO friendly permalinks. if you are not using WordPress SEO by Yoast, I guess this plugin is very effective in order setup permalink structure for your blog, or you’re using Yoast SEO plugin then it’s providing this feature already. I use this %category%/%postname% for my permalink.
12. Meta Keywords Generator
Meta Keywords Generator, lets you add meta keywords, description in each of your blog posts pages, categories, tags, and archive. In this very recent update of this plugin which has made it easy to specify common keywords to be included on every webpage. Plugin from one of the best coder Durgesh Chaudhary.