Wine 1.9.14 released. Terminal commands to install Wine on Ubuntu 16.04. Wine 1.9.14 has been released with Direct3D and GDI improvements.
Wine 1.9.14 is the Wine development release and has brings the following changes:
- More Shader Model 5 support in Direct3D.
- Some more write support in WebServices.
- Performance improvements in GDI.
- Some more progress towards the Direct3D command stream.
- Various bug fixes.
Wine 1.9.14 brings a total of 20 fixes and brings better support for various applications and games.
- 13183 Control ” has no parent window in ExpressQuantumGrid
- 18659 Kingsoft Office 2012 can’t read it’s default file
- 23855 System Tray Icons Not Appearing In Mac System Tray
- 28860 AveraSell 4.3.8 crashes after login (heap corruption)
- 29702 Kingsoft Office 2012 Free: Crashes almost immediately after full load
- 35123 Shattered Horizon requires d3dx10_43.dll.D3DX10CompileFromMemory
- 35962 OPML Editor crashes
- 37485 Spellforce Platinium edition – graphical bug – black columns come out of the ground
- 37989 COD4 is missing textures
- 39842 Skype for windows doesn’t work (needs ndis.sys.NdisSystemProcessorCount)
- 40413 Crashes after start of application Vermoegensbilanz and accepting license terms
- 40588 Multiple games (Fallout 4 and Unreal Engine 4 games) need d3d11_device_CreateUnorderedAccessView
- 40722 Warcraft 3: minimizes when clicking on the bottom
- 40792 Multiple 64-bit Unreal Engine 4 games crash at start (Direct3DDevice->CheckFeatureSupport(D3D11_FEATURE_THREADING,&ThreadingSupport,sizeof(ThreadingSupport)) failed)
- 40830 Conflict between kVK_RightCommand and macOS 10.12 Sierra in carbon framework
- 40833 Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate no sound during gameplay (except cutscenes)
- 40851 macOS 10.12 Build Failure in winspool.drv with cupsGetPPD
- 40876 Guitar Rig 5 Crashes On Load (needs msvcr120.dll.fegetenv)
- 40909 Flame in the flood needs depth-stencil support for R16_TYPELESS
- 40934 webservices error: redefinition of typedef ‘WS_XML_NODE_POSITION’
Install Wine On Ubuntu
Wine 1.9 can be installed on Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.10, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.10, Ubuntu 14.04 and Linux Mint and other Ubuntu Derivatives. Run the following commands to install:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wine/wine-builds
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install --install-recommends wine-staging
sudo apt-get install winehq-staging
Uninstall or Remove Wine
If you wish to uninstall and remove Wine from Ubuntu Systems, run the commands given below:
sudo apt-get install ppa-purge
sudo ppa-purge ppa:wine/wine-builds