Have you gone through the Task Manager in Windows 10 and wonder what a process does and whether it’s safe or not? Here’s how.
Windows 10 Processes
If you’re running Windows 10, you’ve probably noticed that Task Manager has received a complete makeover in design and features.
One of the handiest features you might not be aware of is how easy it is to find out what a process does and whether it’s safe or not.
Right-click the taskbar and select Task Manager to open it.
If this is your time opening Task Manager, it will be a small Window and display a few apps that are running. Click on More details at the bottom.
It should open to the Processes tab by default. Each of them is divided into three sections: Apps, Background processes, and Windows Processes. Find the one you’re wondering about, right-click on it, and select Search online.
Then your default browser will open, and you should see a description of the process.
This feature is very helpful when trying to troubleshoot a problem with your PC.
- How to close a program using Task Manager
- Microsoft's new Windows 10 beta build improves touchpads, updates Photos, and stabilizes your PC
- How to make Windows 10 faster: 5 ways to speed up your PC
- Protect your privacy on Windows 10 with ShutUp10
- How to change locale and language of Bash in Windows 10
- How To Create Mobile Hotspot In Windows 10 (Easy Way)
- Windows 10 Tip: Unlock the UWP File Explorer
- [Tip] Disable or Remove “Mixed Reality Portal” App in Windows 10
- Disable the annoying Set up OneDrive popup on Windows 10
- Microsoft reintroduces Power Throttling with Redstone 3 in Windows 10