Some Windows 10 Mobile testers have noticed that the OS has a lot of background activity that might slow down its performance. In a series of Twitter posts, Windows Insider leader Gabriel Aul has confirmed the issue is related to its Cortana digital assistant feature and that it is still in the new 10549 build.
"There are a couple of fixes in this build, but we have a big one coming still. Cortana BG usage can be super high in some cases."
The temporary workaround for this issue is a simple one, according to Aul: just turn Cortana off and the performance hit for Windows 10 Mobile should be taken care of. However. it looks like we will have to wait a while longer for a proper fix for this bug.
- Here’s what’s new and fixed in the first Windows 10 Mobile Redstone preview build 14267 release
- Windows 10 Mobile Preview build 10536 release delayed to next week
- Facebook Messenger for Windows 10 Mobile may soon get video and audio calling features
- Windows 10 for Phones: How to customize the Start screen
- Here’s what you lose when you upgrade Windows Phone 8.1 to Windows 10 Mobile
- AT&T Lumia 950 getting Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.164, non-Insiders only
- No, the HTC 10 won’t run Windows 10 Mobile, according to Evleaks
- HTC could drop the 'One' brand with the HTC 10
- Tweetium update for Windows 10 brings video uploads
- How to disconnect Skype from Messaging in Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile