Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16188 for PC Available for Download
UPDATED on May 04, 2017: Release of Windows 10 Insider Preview build 16188 for PC.
If you are using Windows 10 Insider Preview (previously known as Technical Preview) in your computer, here is a good news for you.
Microsoft has released a new update Build 16188 of Windows 10 to public which comes with new features, bug fixes and improvements. This is the 5th Insider Preview build of Windows 10 released after the Creators Update build 15063. This new build comes via new “RS3” (RedStone3) development branch.
The final Redstone 3 build will be released to public in September or October 2017 as per official announcement from Microsoft.
WHAT’S NEW & FIXED:
- Improvements to PDF reader in Microsoft Edge
- Windows Defender Application Guard for Microsoft Edge (for Enterprise edition only)
- Ninjacat Icon for Windows Insider Program in Settings -> Update & security -> Windows Insider Program page
- Cortana’s settings have been integrated into main Settings app
- Redesigned Magnifier Settings page
- New interactive toast notification in place of previous modal Windows Update dialog
- Double-clicking the Windows Defender Security Center icon in notification area will now open Windows Defender Security Center
- Universal dismiss of Cortana reminders is now enabled across Windows devices
- Bug fixes and general improvements
HOW TO INSTALL:
The new build is available for download via Windows Update, so it’ll be automatically downloaded and installed in all computers running Windows 10 Insider Preview soon.
If you want to manually download and install the new build ASAP, you can do this using following simple steps:
1. Open Settings app from Start Menu.
2. Click on Update and security icon.
3. Once you open Windows Update section, it’ll automatically start checking for new builds. Otherwise you can click on “Check for updates” button.
4. Click on “Download now” button to start downloading the new update build of Windows 10.
After downloading the build, your computer will automatically restart to install the new update.
The download size will be around 2 or 3 GB depending upon the computer architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) and system language.
PS: If you can’t find the new build on Windows Update, following tutorial will help you:
If you want to download standalone offline ISO file of this new build for clean installation, you’ll need to wait. In the meantime, you can download offline ISO files of build 15063 from following topic:
Windows 10 users who are using the Insider Preview build, must install this new update build to experience the new features and more stability…