Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15048 for PC Available for Download
UPDATED on Mar 03, 2017: Release of Windows 10 Insider Preview build 15048 for PC.
If you are using Windows 10 Insider Preview (previously known as Technical Preview) in your computer, here is a good news for you.
Microsoft has released a new update Build 15048 of Windows 10 to public which comes with many new features, bug fixes and improvements. This is the 23rd Insider Preview build of Windows 10 released after the Anniversary Update build 14393. This new build also comes via new "RS2" (RedStone2) development branch.
This build contains improvements, fixes and many new features which will be a part of the upcoming Windows 10 Creators Update build.
Also Check: Windows 10 Insider Preview Builds Changelog
WHAT'S NEW & FIXED:
- Fixed the issue where some UWP apps may unexpectedly appear with their app package name in the title bar as opposed to the app name.
- [GAMING] Fixed the issue where some popular games might minimize to the taskbar when launched.
- [Fixed] Issue where copy and pasting URLs to and from the Microsoft Edge address bar with spaces wouldn't convert spaces into %20.
- [Fixed] Issue resulting in the LastPass extension for Microsoft Edge sometimes unexpectedly failing to show its autofill buttons on recent builds.
- Fixed a recent issue resulting in unexpected characters sometimes being pasted when pasting into certain websites using Microsoft Edge.
- [Fixed] Issue where using the mouse wheel to scrolling in Microsoft Edge might not work if the window was made smaller or moved to a different monitor.
- Adjusted Microsoft Edge's "Find on page" logic so that now as you go through the results the webpage should scroll so the found text is more central on the page.
- [Fixed] Issue for those flighting recent builds on laptops, changing brightness would stop working after the first time the laptop lid had been closed and reopened when the "Lid Close Action" power policy was set to "Do nothing".
- [Fixed] Issue that could result in not being able to type into search boxes in certain UWP apps.
- [Fixed] Issue resulting in clicked Cortana search results not opening when typing using the MS Pinyin IME.
- [Fixed] Issue where cross device notifications from a particular phone might unexpectedly appear in two separate groups in the Action Center.
- [Fixed] Issue resulting in emails from Outlook 2016 not opening in the foreground after tapping on the corresponding notification.
HOW TO INSTALL:
The new build is available for download via Windows Update, so it'll be automatically downloaded and installed in all computers running Windows 10 Insider Preview soon.
If you want to manually download and install the new build ASAP, you can do this using following simple steps:
1. Open Settings app from Start Menu.
2. Click on Update and security icon.
3. Once you open Windows Update section, it'll automatically start checking for new builds. Otherwise you can click on "Check for updates" button.
4. Click on "Download now" button to start downloading the new update build of Windows 10.
After downloading the build, your computer will automatically restart to install the new update.
The download size will be around 2 or 3 GB depending upon the computer architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) and system language.
PS: If you can't find the new build on Windows Update, following tutorial will help you:
If you want to download standalone offline ISO file of this new build for clean installation, you'll need to wait. In the meantime, you can download offline ISO files of build 15042 from following topic:
Windows 10 users who are using the Insider Preview build, must install this new update build to experience the new features and more stability...