How To Upgrade To Ubuntu 15.10 From Ubuntu 15.04
Update Ubuntu 15.04 to Ubuntu 15.10. How to upgrade to Ubuntu 15.10 beta from Ubuntu 15.04. Ubuntu 15.10 64-bit PC (AMD64) desktop image and Ubuntu 15.10 32-bit PC (i386) desktop image.
Follow the steps given below to upgrade the Ubuntu 15.04 to Ubuntu 15.10 Beta:
- Open Unity Dash and search for Software & Updates.
- Under Software & Updates, click on Updates tab.
- Click and check Notify me for any new version and pre-released updates option.
- Open Terminal and run the following commands (one by one):
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo update-manager -d
- Now the Ubuntu Software Updater will look for available updates and it will notify the availability of Ubuntu 15.10:
The message will read as:
The software on this computer is up to date.
However Ubuntu 15.10 is now available (you have Ubuntu 15.04).
- Click on upgrade… button to upgrade Ubuntu 15.40 to Ubuntu 15.10. Once the upgrade process is on simply follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Ubuntu 15.10 Beta 1
Ubuntu 15.10 Desktop Image – The desktop image allows you to try Ubuntu-GNOME without changing your computer at all, and at your option to install it permanently later. This type of image is what most people will want to use. You will need at least 384MiB of RAM to install from this image.There are two images available, each for a different type of computer:
Ubuntu 15.10 64-bit PC (AMD64) Desktop Image
Choose this to take full advantage of computers based on the AMD64 or EM64T architecture (e.g., Athlon64, Opteron, EM64T Xeon, Core 2). If you have a non-64-bit processor made by AMD, or if you need full support for 32-bit code, use the i386 images instead.
Ubuntu 15.10 32-bit PC (i386) Desktop Image
For almost all PCs. This includes most machines with Intel/AMD/etc type processors and almost all computers that run Microsoft Windows, as well as newer Apple Macintosh systems based on Intel processors. Choose this if you are at all unsure.
You can also download the Ubuntu 15.10 via BitTorrent files.