Propagate is a verb that means to spread or distribute widely. It can be used to describe both natural and human-led processes, often in terms of the spread of ideas, beliefs, or habits. Propagation can happen quickly, or it can be slow and steady.
In this article, we will explore the various synonym alternatives for propagate, as well as provide examples of the word in action.
Synonyms for Propagate
There are many words that can be used to mean the same thing as propagate. Here are a few of the most popular options:
Examples of Propagate in Action
To better understand the meaning of propagate and how the synonym alternatives can be used, let’s look at a few examples of the word in action:
- The virus quickly propagated throughout the city.
- The company is attempting to disseminate their new product across the country.
- The idea of democracy has been circulating for centuries.
- The rumor was spreading quickly throughout the school.
- The government is attempting to promulgate new laws to protect the environment.
- The disease is rapidly extending its reach.
- The population of the species is proliferating rapidly.
- The company is trying to multiply its customer base.
- The company is trying to expand its reach to new markets.
- The organization is attempting to discharge their message to the public.
- The virus is being dispersed throughout the population.
Propagate is an important verb that can be used to describe the spread of ideas, beliefs, or habits. It can also be used to describe natural processes such as the spread of a virus or a species. There are many synonym alternatives for propagate that can be used to help better express the idea. By understanding the various synonym alternatives and looking at examples of the word in action, anyone can unlock the meaning of propagate.