Top Deals on ultrabooks and portable laptops
I initially started this page in order to cover the Black Friday and Cyber Monday offers, but many of you asked to keep it live all year long, so… here it is.
My plan is to add the most interesting deals I can find at least 2-3 times a week, if not daily, but sometimes I might not have the time to update the page for a longer time. Regardless, there’s the Update Date at the beginning of the article that should let you know when I made the latest changes.
I plan on including mostly portable laptops here, both ultrabooks and other type of compact devices. I’ll also add deals on tablets, components and accessories if I spot anything that I personally consider worth buying. otherwise there would be just too much for me to cover.
Well, that’s about it. Check out the deals below and if by any chance you spot anything that should be here, make sure to tell me about that in the comments section below, so I can add it here for the other readers.
Best deals of the day!
Ultrabooks and 2-in-1s:
- solid discounts on one of the best 13-inch ultraportables of the moment, the Asus Zenbook UX305UA (Core i5-6200U CPU, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, FHD IPS matte display) – available here and our review is here;
- good price for the updated Asus Zenbook UX303UA (Core i5-6200U, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, FHD touchscreen) – more details;
- solid price on the HP Pavilion 13 2-in-1 with Skylake hardware and 8 GB of RAM – more details;
- excellent price for the HP Spectre X360 with Core i7-5500U CPU, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD – more details;
- good deals on the latest Apple Macbook Airs and Macbook Pros;
- various discounts on the Dell Inspiron 15 7000 multimedia laptop;
- nice discounts on the Dell XPS 13 9350 with Skylake hardware – here and here;
Other portable laptops:
- $100 OFF on the Dell Inspiron 5559 gaming laptop – available here;
- great everyday 15-inch laptops selling for under $600 – Asus F556UA and the Acer Aspire E15 series;
- Save 20% or more on various laptops and ultrabooks – more details;
- Up to 25% price-cuts on Intel computers – more details;
- various deals and discounts on the latest Chromebooks, starting at $149 – more details;
- big discounts on Asus ROG laptops – check them out;
- a list of great tablets under $200;
- latest deals on the Microsoft Surface Pro 4;
- solid discounts on the Asus Transformer Book T100 2-in-1 mini laptop – limited time deals;
Accesories and parts:
- discounts on the best SSDs available right now – more details;
- discounts on the best rated laptop cooling pads;
- sleeves and protection options for your laptops;
- discounts on the best external hard-drives;
- the best routers and streaming devices – more details;
This next part is what remained from the original post on Black Friday and Cyber Monday offers and will be updated as soon as the 2015 offers kick on, at the end of the year.
What happened on Black Friday 2015
Until we get to post the 2016 offers, here’s what happened last year:
- Amazon’s Black Friday campaign starts early on the 26th and you should expect up to 45% off various television sets, up to 20% price-cuts on Intel powered ultrabooks and 2-in-1s, some Xbox One bundles and DSLR cameras and many others. As you know, Amazon offers plenty of other things besides electronics, thus expect major price-cuts on toys, apparel, fashion, house appliances and tool, but also books and other sorts of digital content.
- Staples offers the Beats Solo headphones for $79.99 ($100 OFF) till Tuesday, November 25th, as well as the Google Chromecast for $24.99 and the Amazon Fire TV Stick for $23.99 throughout the week. On the 25th they’ll offer a 25% OFF any full-price product, both in their stores and online. the Black Friday listing is not yet available, but we do know that Staples stores will open at 6AM local-time on Friday.
- Dell will offer the 24 inch E2414Hr monitor for $99 and the 27 inch E2715H model for $199 for Black Friday, as well as an Xbox One console bundled with the latest two Assassin Creed games for $329. Besides that you should expect a PlayStation 4 bundled with GTA 5 and The last of us for $399. The sales are expected to kick off at 6 PM EST on Thanksgiving on Dell’s website and will only be available in very limited quantities.
- Microsoft’s Store will a couple of interesting deals as well and you can check them out in here. Expect $100 to $150 OFF the Microsoft Surface Pro 3, several ultrabooks and 2-in-1s for sales, as well as discounts on several Xbox One bundles and a large collection of Xbox games. Sales kick off on the 27th, but I can’t give you an exact hour yet.
- Target’s Black Friday ad mentions an $100 Gift Card when you buy an iPad Air or an iPad Mini Retina 3, a $140 Gift card with the iPad Air 2, the Beats Solo HD headphones available for $97, the same Assasin Creed Unity Xbox One bundle already mentioned above and various discounts on the Apple TV, the Gopro Hero 3+ Silver action camera, Xbox 360 consoles and others. Doors will open at 6AM local time on Friday, but some deals will be available from the 26th.
- BestBuy will give you $100 off the Apple iPad Air 2 tablet, various deals on television sets ( 50-inch Panasonic FHD TV at $199, 55-inch Samsung 4K TV at $899), a $299 Dell Inspiron 3000 laptop with a Core i3 processor and many of the recently launched games for $29.99. Deals kick off at 5PM on Thursday, with doors closing at 1 AM and then re-opening at 8 AM local time on Friday.
- B&H Photo are listing daily Holiday Deals already on their website. Check them out here.
- WAL-MART will debut their Black Friday campaign at 6 PM on Thanksgiving, followed by an electronics sale at 8 PM. Expect a 65-inch FHD TV from Vizio for $649, a Mid-2013 Apple Macbook Air for $779.99 and various deals on home appliances.
- Newegg will offer dicounts on what they know best: computer parts. Expect an Intel 530 240 GB SSD for $109.99, a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 WindForce graphics card for $169.99 and a Gigabyte 15.6 inch gaming laptop for $999.
Disclaimer: If you’re familiar with my content, you know that I don’t usually have this kind of posts on the site. However, you probably also know that I publish this site for a living and takes a lot of effort and time, since this is mostly a one man show. That’s why some of the offers in here are affiliate links, which means that if you’ll decide to buy something after clicking on them, I’ll be earning a small commission from the sellers. (this is better explained in this post). You’re not paying a dime extra and you’ll of course benefit from the discounts, but it helps me support my family and allows me to carry on with what I do: provide quality articles for you guys.
Of course, if you don’t want to get anything, no biggie, I still love you all and appreciate your support. All the best and Happy Deals Hunting!