Microsoft today released Skype for Linux Alpha version 1.15. It is a new application which has nothing common with the previously available Skype 4.3. In this version, the application got a number of useful features. Let's look closer.
Skype 1.15 for Linux features the following changes.
- Updated to Electron 1.4.10
- Enabled context menu with copy/paste commands in the message input area
- Added the option to autostart (Tools->Launch at Login)
- Added the option to launch minimized (Tools->Launch Minimized)
- Many smaller improvements and bugfixes
To try out the Skype app right now, do the following.
- Point your browser here: Skype for Linux Alpha
- Download and install the appropriate package.
- Open the apps menu and run it from there.