Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
Google updates local reviews schema guidelines
Aug 29, 2016 by Barry SchwartzNow only reviews “directly produced by your site” can have local reviews markup, according to Google.
With Panda in stealth mode, why Google’s quality updates should be on your algorithmic radar [Part 1]
Aug 29, 2016 by Glenn GabeWhat are Google’s quality updates (aka Phantom updates), and how can you recover? In part one of a two-part series on Phantom, columnist Glenn Gabe explains the history and possible mechanics of these algorithm updates.
Test points to likely influence of click-through rate on search rankings
Aug 29, 2016 by Brian PattersonColumnist Brian Patterson shares the results of a click-through rate test performed on one of the test websites he maintains.
Compare 16 local marketing automation tools
Aug 26, 2016 by Digital Marketing DepotManaging online citations, claimed and unclaimed listings, landing pages, reviews and ratings, and data feeds for hundreds or thousands of locations has become time consuming and costly for enterprise brands. Automating local marketing processes through LMA tools can provide numerous benefits. This 50-page report reviews the current trends and includes profiles of 16 leading local […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Step by step, physical grocery stores are becoming back ends for online shopping
- 4 e-commerce link building tactics that still work in 2016
- [PODCAST] Marketing Land Live #25: Google’s interstitial penalty, AdSense limits removed & more
- Is your email a casualty of the war on spam?
- How to use Google Analytics audience data to make media and marketing decisions
- MarTech Today: IP blocking from list-bombing, local marketing automation tools & inbound call data
- Facebook removes story descriptions for Trending Topics & replaces with number of mentions
- Tru Optik launches OTT Data Cloud to bring segment targeting to connected TV
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Google Asking for Local Business Descriptions from Searchers, thesempost.com
- India–Bangladesh enclaves, Google Earth Blog
- Video Deep Dive: Local Sponsorships & Local Search; Get Ahead by Doing Good, Local University
- Links Still a Powerful Search Ranking Factor, Stone Temple
- Google tests use Roboto font, All Google Testing
- AMP Project SEO, Learn Pros & Cons – Critical Information, ignitevisibility.com
- Case Study: Has Cnet.com been hit by one of Google’s manual actions?, sistrix.com
- Google Intrusive Interstitials Mobile Penalty Is Page By Page, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google: Says Panda Roll Outs Continue But Not All Take 10 Months To Cycle, Search Engine Roundtable
- Should You Be Outsourcing SEO Training for Your Team?, Moz
- Yoast: Your Complete WordPress SEO Toolkit, ProBlogger
SEM / Paid Search
- 5 Ways To Improve Display Performance By Using Layered Targeting, PPC Hero
- Shippingsettings to replace Accountshipping in Content API for Shopping, Google Ads Developer Blog