Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Bing search app for iOS & Android gets new music, video & map features
Aug 26, 2016 by Amy GesenhuesBing’s making it easier to find song titles, as well as add Netflix and Amazon movie titles to your watchlist on mobile.
- The SEM automation primer
Aug 26, 2016 by David FothergillWondering how to get started with automation? Columnist David Fothergill provides a handy primer, including recommended tools and what they can be used for.
- 4 e-commerce link building tactics that still work in 2016
Aug 26, 2016 by Christian SculthorpLink building for e-commerce sites can be a challenge, but it isn’t impossible. Columnist Christian Sculthorp shares tactics that you can use to acquire inbound links to your online store.
- Search in Pics: Google NYC 10 years, keyboard pranks & a folding table
Aug 26, 2016 by Barry SchwartzIn this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more. Google NYC 10 year anniversary birthday cake: Source: Instagram Google’s John Mueller pranks Gary Illye’s keyboard: […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Compare 16 leading local marketing automation tools
- Marketers, make sure you are not being list-bombed and blocked by Spamhaus
- 7 quick SEO hacks for the SEO newbie
- 7 steps for re-engaging your email subscribers
- Think smartphones are just about the bottom of the funnel? Think again.
- 2016 is finally the “year of the video”
- Facebook now officially showcases vertical videos in mobile news feeds
- Every call is becoming data: Rich customer data revolutionizes call analytics
- 16 experts share how to boost results from your current content marketing
- MarTech Today: ScribbleLive buys Linkdex, Jivox’ dynamic personalization for video ads & more
Search News From Around The Web:
- AdWords Buys Using Geographic Terms Support Personal Jurisdiction–Rilley v. MoneyMutual, Eric Goldman
Local & Maps
- Animating Sentinel-2 imagery in Google Earth, Google Earth Blog
- Google My Business Lets You Now Accept OR Discard Updates For Individual Fields, Search Engine Roundtable
- Why Every Website (Not Just Local Sites) Should Invest in Local Links and Citations – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- Google Has No Plans To Build A Mobile Interstitials Testing Tool, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Search Console Index Status Report Now Catching Up, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- Expanded Text Ads And Other BAE Updates, PPC Hero
- Google Doesn’t Rank Expanded Text Ads Better Than Standard Text Ads In AdWords, Search Engine Roundtable
- GTM Match Table Generator (Lookup Tables & Beyond), seerinteractive.com
- Video: Google Mobile Interstitial Penalty, AdSense Ad Limit, Bing Expanded Ads & Games, Search Engine Roundtable