The player provides multiple views such as artists, albums, tracks, genre, years and so on, all based on cover art and it includes features such as: music collection database (SQLite 3), playlists support (including smart playlists), can play radio streams, Mp3Gain tag support for volume normalization, Last.fm scrobbler, command line and Mpris interfaces, favorites support, automatically downloads cover art and more. Also, the player includes a radio browser which supports Tunein, Dribble and with this release, Radionomy.
Changes in Yarock 1.1.3:
- new radionomy radio service (replace shoutcast)
- added radio covers for all radio views
- added symbolic link support for file system view
- added MP4 audio files tag reading
- added ape files import into playqueue
- added browsing history support for stream link in radio views
- many minor updates for the widgets/ui
- fixed "lyrics.com" provider
- fixed volume slider for phonon engine
- fixed network redirection management
- fixed now playing widget update
- various other fixes and improvements
The complete changelog can be found HERE.
Install Yarock in Ubuntu or Linux Mint via PPA
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8 sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install yarock
If you don't want to add the PPA, you can download the deb from HERE.