PyCharm 2017.2.2 released for Ubuntu. Install JetBrains PyCharm IDE PyCharm 2017.2.2 for Linux Ubuntu. PyCharm Python IDE comes with complete set of tools for productive development with Python programming language.
In addition, the IDE provides high-class capabilities for professional Web development with Django framework and Google App Engine. It has powerful coding assistance, navigation, a lot of refactoring features, tight integration with various Version Control Systems, Unit testing, powerful all-singing all-dancing Debugger and entire customization. PyCharm is developer driven IDE.
- Django – File cache conflict when creating Django with jinja template project
- IDE – Can’t select Angular CLI project
- Inspections – PyCharm thinks the Python version is 3.5 when using 3.7; False positive:
- PyTypeChecker – Type Checking Error on Child of Metaclass Instance
- Jupyter Notebook – PyCharm cannon’t connect to a server after notebook was opened in a browser Packaging PyCharm fails to install packaging tools in the newly created 3.6 venv
- Parsing – False positive: “expression expected” for trailing comma after annotated function argument with default value
- Refactoring – Bulk Move operation only moves first item selected
- Test Runner – Pyramid project test don’t work
- CSS – Value of ‘composes’ attribute may be a reference to CSS @value
- No subsystem – “Call Hierarchy” tab in find usage steals focus
- Bug – Orphaned threads running ChooseByNameBase$CalcElementsThread
- Docker – Docker – Client is newer than server (client API version 1.25, server API version 1.24)
Install PyCharm 2017.2
Run the following commands to install the latest release of Python IDE, PyCharm 2017.2 on Ubuntu Systems:
sudo apt-get update
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu $(lsb_release
-sc)-getdeb apps" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/getdeb.list'
wget -q -O - http://archive.getdeb.net/getdeb-archive.key | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt install pycharm
Please check the Ubuntu version and replace $(lsb_release -sc) with the relevant code and type in your password when it prompts and hit Enter.