A complete list of TLP features can be found HERE.
Changes in TLP 0.8:
- TLP_DEFAULT_MODE: change default operation mode to AC when no power supply can be detected (concerns some desktop and embedded hardware only)
- Radio Devices:
- Resume: restore bluetooth state
- Radio Device Wizard (tlp-rdw):
- Support ThinkPad OneLink Dock Basic/Pro for dock/undock events
- Detect systemd "predictable network interface names" for WWAN
- ThinkPad Battery:
- tpacpi-bat: new upstream version 2.2: get ASL path from /sys/class/power_supply/*/device/path; avoids unnecessary "AE_NOT_FOUND" kernel messages
- Show "No batteries detected."
- Explain battery status "Unknown" as "threshold effective"
- Show battery cell group voltages (verbose mode, tp-smapi only)
- Show acpi-call suggestion for ThinkPad *40, *50, X1 models
- Remove USB_DRIVER_BLACKLIST
- Show warnings for ata errors by default
- tlp-stat: detect kernel config with PM_RUNTIME=N
- tlp recalibrate: fix exitcode check
- USB autosuspend: write power/control if actually changing only
- Ignore missing files in /proc/sys/fs/xfs
According to the changelog, the "USB_DRIVER_BLACKLIST" feature was removed because it caused issues with AC/BAT switching (the CPU governor didn't change when going from AC to battery or the other way around) and USB hotplugging (required for udevd v221 and higher) - issue HERE.
Install TLP in Ubuntu or Linux Mint
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:linrunner/tlp sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install tlp tlp-rdw
sudo tlp start