Mozilla Firefox reached the 57.0 release earlier today. The new release, Firefox Quantum, features a completely new browsing engine makes it over twice as fast as before.
Mozilla Firefox 57.0 release highlights:
- A completely new browsing engine.
- A redesigned interface, and optimizations for touch screens
- A unified address and search bar.
- A revamped new tab page that includes top visited sites, recently visited pages, and recommendations from Pocket
- An updated product tour to orient new and returning Firefox users
- AMD VP9 hardware video decoder support for improved video playback with lower power consumption
- An expanded section in preferences to manage all website permissions
- Also various security fixes and other changes. See Informacje o wersji.
How to install Firefox 57 in Ubuntu:
For Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 17.10, the latest Firefox 57 will be published through Ubuntu security & updates repository.
Once it’s published (check Firefox in launchpad), you can upgrade Firefox via Software Updater:
Can’t wait? Mozilla offers non-install Linux packages (select i686 for 32-bit, x86_64 for 64-bit os):