In the new Bing Maps, Microsoft has made My Places more relevant and easier to use. Now Home, Work and Favorites are in sync between Bing Maps, Cortana, and the Microsoft Maps app on Windows devices.
Also saving a place is now easy,
See a place you like in the search results or on the map? Want to be able to quickly find and use it later? No problem, saving a place “As favorite” is easy. If you see the place in the search results, click on “Save” to save it from the card. If you find it on the map, right-click on the place to save it. Once saved your favorite will show up on the map as a yellow star.
Creating and sharing collections,
Collections is a unique and useful tool in Bing Maps for organizing your places. It’s handy when you want to organize places as a theme. For example, I found all the places for my upcoming Oregon trip and created a collection for them. Over the years, I “collected” many cool places in Seattle I visited. When I heard my friend is coming to Seattle for the first time this summer, I shared my collection with him. Give it a try, it is a great way to organize and share your geospatial wealth.
Also, Microsoft is going to allow Bing Maps power users import locations from GPX or KML files, also create and edit lines and shapes on the maps in the future.
- Microsoft takes the fight to Google with redesigned Bing Maps
- How to Make Cortana Show Weather for Multiple Cities on Windows 10
- Cortana: Block outbound network connections completely
- Do You Need to Worry About Privacy in Windows 10? Answer is NO
- Developer criticizes Microsoft's 'monopolizing' approach to apps and gaming in Windows 10
- New Hololens 3D Viewer app lets you view Autodesk 3D models on your headset
- How to Disable Cortana and Remove Personal Data in Windows 10
- Tips for Getting More Out of Cortana in Windows 10
- Trade in your smartwatch or fitness tracker for a Band 2, Microsoft Store will give you up to $250
- Cortana for iPhone review: Siri has little to fear from Microsoft’s virtual assistant