A new update of the free and open-source DVD authoring tool, DVDStyler 3.0.4, was released a few days ago. Here’s how to install it in Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 17.10, dan Ubuntu 18.04.
DVDStyler 3.0.4 is a small release with following changes:
- fixed handling of files with multiple video streams (pictures, video thumbnails or cover arts)
- added possibility to play video from internal file browser
- win32/win64: updated Manolito’s VBR plug-in
How to Install DVDStyler 3.0.4 in Ubuntu:
For all current Ubuntu releases and derivatives, you can easily install DVDStyler 3.0.4 from the PPA repositori.
Open terminal either via Ctrl+Alt+T or by searching for ‘terminal’ from app launcher. Apabila ia terbuka, do following steps:
1. To add the PPA, run command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/dvdstyler
Type in your password (no visual feedback) when it asks and hit Enter to continue.
2. After that, search for and install dvdstyler via Synaptic (or other) Package Manager. Or run the commands below in terminal to update and install the tool:
sudo apt update sudo apt install dvdstyler
With the PPA repository added, you can receive future updates via Software Updater once a new release is out and made into PPA.
How to Uninstall:
To remove DVDStyler, either use Synaptic Package Manager or run the command below in terminal:
sudo apt remove dvdstyler dvdstyler-data && sudo apt autoremove
And the PPA can be removed by going to System Settings -> Perisian & Updates -> Other Software tab.