Missed Features Installer for Windows 10 is the latest version of the popular application that brings back removed or altered features to Windows 10 that were part of previous versions of the operating system.
It can best be described as an all-in-one tool featuring dozens of applications, games and tools that bring back old features or modify them so that they resemble features of the past.
Packed in the 1.3 gigabyte ISO image are third-party programs such as Classic Shell, Gadgets 2.0 or the Windows Experience Index Tool, native programs from previous versions of Windows such as games, the .Net Framework 1.1 or DirectX 9.0c, and assets such as icons and conversion tools.
Missed Features Installer for Windows 10
Once you have burned or mounted the ISO image, you can launch the main application from the DVD's root directory.
From there, it is a matter of selecting what you want to install on the machine running the Windows 10 operating system.
The listing can be confusing as there is no indication whether a button will run an installer right away or display a selection menu instead first.
If you pick start menu for instance, options are displayed to install Classic Shell or Start Menu Orbs on the Windows 10 machine. A click on games on the other hand starts the installer right away with no selection option.
The help file, which you display with a click on the ?-icon in the interface, lists all the programs and features that you can install on the different pages the application makes available.
While the list is helpful, it too does not indicate what gets installed directly, and what does not.
The third-page links to an advanced section which displays a variety of features that modify Windows 10 in significant ways. Here is what is offered on the page:
- Win Updates Disabler.
- Set Updates to only download from Microsoft.
- Enable Last Known Good Configuration.
- Disable Fast Startup (Hybrid boot / shutdown).
- Disable Administrator Shares.
- Disable Windows Defender.
- Windows 10 Deployment Tools.
- Convert your Admin account to Super-Admin.
- All Modern Apps remover (except Edge and Cortana).
- Advanced Components Remover (Edge, Cortana Telemetry).
- Set Internet Explorer 11 as default browser.
It is advised to create a backup before you run the program as it won't create a backup of its own to restore a previous system state if you run into issues after installing applications or features on the system.
Missed Features Installer is a collection of programs, features and tools that modify the Windows 10 operating system in one way or another. While it is possible to make these modifications individually by downloading the included programs or collections individually, it is the immense collection of programs and modifications that make Missed Features Installer an interesting tool especially on newly set up systems or after upgrades.
It is interesting to note that it is also available for previous versions of the Windows operating system. (via Deskmodder)
- Download Windows 10 ISO directly from Microsoft without the media creation tool
- Offline install of .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10 using DISM
- Two Windows 10 tools to block automatic updates
- How to roll back your Windows 10 upgrade
- Install Windows 10 on Mac with Boot Camp, Parallels and VMware Fusion
- This preference (DisableOSUpgrade) prevents the upgrade to Windows 10
- How to dual-boot Deepin 15, Windows 10 on a PC with UEFI firmware
- Microsoft: Upgrade to IE11 even if you dump our browser
- Internet Explorer 10 users need to move to another browser right away
- Windows 10 Update KB3140743 Brings Build to 10586.122