Alongside Windows 10 Build 10159, Microsoft today released Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 10158 as well. The latest update to the Windows 10 SDK Preview doesn’t introduce any new feature, and it mostly focuses on bug fixes and improvements. Here’s the full changelog:
Some API types received properties and method signatures changes. New APIs were added in this SDK release, among them:
This flight of Windows introduces two new related sets of APIs in the Windows.Devices.Perception and Windows.Devices.Perception.Providers namespaces. The Providers APIs allow IHVs and OEMs to exposedepth, infrared, and color cameras (and related metadata) for computer vision into UWP, and to designate a camera as participating in Windows Hello face authentication. The Windows.Devices.Perception namespace contains the client APIs that allow a UWP application to access the color, depth, or infrared data of computer vision cameras.
AdvancedCapturedPhoto and AdvancedPhoto* APIs are new photo capture APIs for Windows 10 that enable apps to capture HDR photos on supported devices. For devices that do not ship with hardware HDR capabilities but support VPS (variable photo sequence), the API will use a platform provided algorithm to generate the HDR photo.
The Windows Photo Import API in the Windows.Media.Import namespace is a new, modern, asynchronous WinRT API enabling Windows Store and classic applications to import photos and videos from portable devices such as smart phones and digital cameras, as well as memory cards and other removable USB storage media, with an emphasis on ease of use and performance. One of the key features of the PhotoImport API is that it runs in the background so that even if your app is suspended / killed, the import keeps happening.
Types now converged
Here are just a few types we’ve heard people are interested in which have now converged. We will continue to converge types based on developer feedback.
If you’re a developer, make sure to head over to Microsoft’s official announcement blog post to find out more about Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 10158.
- New Scheme Of Things for Windows 10 IoT Core
- New Exploit allows attackers to disable Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit
- What FIDO credentials mean in Windows 10
- Microsoft Releases Windows 10 SDK Build 10586 Update
- A Smattering of Group Policy and Modicum of AD
- What is Microsoft’s Universal Windows Platform (UWP)
- Windows 10 Redstone Build 14295 for Mobile and PC Released to Insiders
- Microsoft relents, extending support for Skylake PCs with older Windows versions
- Microsoft releases Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 14267
- Virtualbox 5.0.16 Is Now Available to Download