Microsoft releases Windows 10 Preview to select Lumia smartphones, Here’s How To Install
As expected, software giant, Microsoft has released the first preview of Windows 10 for phones to the public and if you have a Lumia device which is in the list of supported devices then you can easily install Windows 10 Preview on it. But just like its desktop counterpart, Windows 10 for phone misses several features like Messaging on dual-SIM support handsets, search, message drafts, ability to share voice notes, Bi-Di language support, international assisted dialing, spam filter, it also does not get new universal apps like new Office apps, the Spartan browser, Xbox integration, Skype in Messaging.
This preview build do comes with all new UI, custom background images on the start screen, all new action center, better voice dictation and so on.
In a blog post Microsoft has said :-
This preview is still very much under development and you’re going to see some rough edges. We’re sharing it with you so you can be with us at every step, and provide your feedback to help make this the best release ever.
Microsoft is expected to reveal more about it at MWC 2015 on March 2, and the final launch of this OS expected by this summer.
If you want to get taste of this new OS then you can get it by installing this preview version, for this you must have :-
- A Lumia 630, Lumia 635, Lumia 636, Lumia 638, Lumia 730, or Lumia 830 device in your hand,
- your Device must be running Windows 8 or above
- Data backed up
- Good internet connection,
- And a cup of coffee, or two as it gonna take a long time
Now lets get started :-
- Go to insider.windows.com and signup for insiders program,
- On PC go to this link and click on Install, this will install app on your phone or you can also directly access it via your Marketplace on your device.
- Once app is installed open it, you will get two options Fast and Slow, go with Slow as it’ll be less buggy
- Now grab a cup of coffee and sit back, it will download update and your device might restart several times, at last you will have your device running Windows 10 Preview build.