Miam-Player is a cross-platform open source music player using QtAv media library which is based on Qt and FFmpeg.
Miam-player aims to be fast and reliable. It can read almost all music file formats: .mp3, .m4a (MP4), .flac, .ogg, .oga (OGG Vorbis), .asf, .ape (Monkey Audio), .opus and more!
It provides a built-in tag editor (using tablib), plugins, and customizable user interface, covers, and themes. And it’s still under development to add Soundcloud, Spotify streaming and other more features.
How to Install Miam Player in Ubuntu:
The software has an official PPA repository for Ubuntu and based systems. So far, only Ubuntu 15.10 is supported.
Open terminal from app launcher or via Ctrl+Alt+T shortcut key, and follow the steps below:
1. Paste below command and hit run to add PPA for QtAv media library:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wbsecg1/qtav
Type in your password (no visual feedback when typing) when it asks and hit Enter to continue.
2. Add Miam-Player PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bachelier-matthieu/ppa
3. Finally refresh your system cache and install the player via Synaptic Package Manager, or by running following commands one by one:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install miam-player
May need log out (or restart) and back in to be able to launch it from the Dash.
4. (Optional) You can always manage these PPAs via Software & Updates -> Other Software tab,
and remove the music player via either Synaptic or below command:
sudo apt-get remove miam-player && sudo apt-get autoremove
- Install LightTable 0.8.1 IDE On Ubuntu Systems
- Install Nomacs Image Viewer On Linux Ubuntu Systems
- Install Elasticsearch on Ubuntu 14.04
- Install GIMP 2.8.16 In Ubuntu Or Linux Mint Via PPA
- Install Audacious 3.7 in Ubuntu 15.10, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04 & Linux Mint
- Best Music Players For Linux Ubuntu 15.04 & Ubuntu 14.04
- How to Install LiVEs video editor 2.4.2 via PPA
- Top 5 Music Players For Linux Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04 & Linux Mint
- Install Sysdig 0.1.101 (strace + tcpdump + lsof Exploration Tool) on Ubuntu and Debian
- Entangle 0.7.0 "Charm" Camera Control & Capture released