How to Make a Static WordPress Homepage
Does your [Settings -> Reading -> Tick A static page (select below).] blog or [Settings -> Reading -> Tick A static page (select below).] website require a static home page instead of displaying the list of blog posts like in all other WordPress sites? Well, getting this job done is pretty easy, WordPress comes with an inbuilt functionality to create a static home page.
Steps to create a Static WordPress Home Page:
- Login to your WordPress Admin Panel.
- Go to the ‘settings’ tab, which can be found on the lower left side of the screen.
- Inside the settings tab, select the ‘Reading’ option.
- At the top of the Reading options settings page, you will find 2 options, to create a static home page select ‘A static page (select below)’. i.e [Settings -> Reading -> Tick A static page (select below).]
- Then select the page you want to make as a static home page from the drop down menu found under the static page option.
- Finally after selecting all the required options and the required page to make as your static wordpress home page, click on “Save Changes” Button and Preview your blog once you are done, to notice the changes you have made to the home page. Refer image given below for better understanding.
You can follow this simple and easy technique to change the default wordpress homepage and to a make static homepage for any WordPress blogs or websites.