The LiVES video editor and VJ tool has reached the 2.8.5 release. The new release features experimental support for Wayland.
Besides the Wayland support, LiVES 2.8.5 includes following changes
- Fix audio loss when inserting without audio in clip editor (regression).
- Fix compiler error and warnings for gcc 7
- Fix regression in mkv_decoder.
- Fix compiler warnings for openGL plugin.
- Change max seek allowed from 1 second to 2 seconds in avformat decoder.
- Update css state selectors for gtk 3.18+
- Updated translation to Ukranian (thaks Yuri).
How to Install LiVES 2.8.5 in Ubuntu:
For Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 17.04, and derivatives, you can install LiVES 2.8.5 from the unofficial PPA.
1. Open terminal via Ctrl+Alt+T or by searching for “Terminal” from start menu. When it opens, run command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/lives
Type in your password (no visual feedback due to security reason) and hit Enter.
2. If you have a previous release installed, launch Software Updater (Update Manager) to upgrade LiVES after checking for updates:
Or just run commands to install the editor for the first time:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install lives lives-plugins
To remove LiVES video editor, either use your system package manager or run command in terminal:
sudo apt remove lives lives-plugins && sudo apt autoremove
And remove the PPA by going to System Settings -> Software & Updates -> Other Software tab.