Install Vuze Bittorrent Client (Azureus) On Ubuntu 16.04
Install Vuze 5.7.3 in Ubuntu 16.04. Free Java Bittorrent client formerly known as Azureus. The Vuze Bittorrent Client is an end-to-end software application for all your torrent needs. The Vuze torrent downloader makes it easy for you to find torrents online, whether you are downloading torrents from a tracker site, from a friend via magnet links, or anywhere else on the web. Once you find a torrent the Vuze Bittorrent Client makes it simple to download torrents and automatically optimizes torrent download speeds.
Vuze also comes with an inbuilt torrent download manager that lets you view the status of each of your bittorrent downloads. Once your downloaded torrents are finished Vuze makes it straightforward and simple to watch and listen to the content you downloaded. Vuze simply covers anything you’ll run into when downloading bittorrent torrents. Download the best torrent client and downloader in one today!
The Vuze Bittorrent client can download multiple torrents at the same time with priority control. The Vuze client automatically optimizes torrent downloads for your network. The Vuze client detects the network characteristics and adjusts settings to optimize torrent download performance.
Vuze 5.7.3 is the latest version of the Vuze BitTorrent client. It has been released with the following features:
- UI | Remember last configuration view [Parg]
- UI | Added ‘mark as read after failed to auto-download’ option [Parg]
- UI | Support for additional DHT stats/operation views [Parg]
- UI | Subscription’s can now be named and marked as anonymous during creation [Parg]
- UI | Added share ratio to archived files view [Parg]
- UI | Installer prompt added when handling non-public URIs [Parg]
- UI | Network indicator for discovered tags [Parg]
- UI | Option added to specify how many subscription associations are retained [Parg]
- UI | Added column indicating if a download has redirected files [Parg]
- UI | Menu option to revert redirected files within a download [Parg]
- UI | DHT latency estimate added to views [Parg]
- UI | Added a request latency column to peers view [Parg]
- UI | Added simpler way to set download thumbnails [Parg]
- UI | Option to switch from binary based to decimal based scales [Parg]
- UI | Option to force separate chat windows to open in side bar [Parg]
- Core | Added option to make subscription downloads non-public [Parg]
- Core | Concurrent subscription downloads [Parg]
- Core | Support for anonymous subscriptions [Parg]
- Core | Extended subscription based chat to non-web engines where possible [Parg]
Install Vuze 5.7.3 in Ubuntu 16.04
To instal the latest Vuze Bittorrent client on Ubuntu Systems, run the following commands in Terminal:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu xenial-getdeb apps" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/getdeb.list'
wget -q -O- http://archive.getdeb.net/getdeb-archive.key | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt update
sudo apt install vuze
Once installed, open the Vuze Torrent Client from Ubuntu Dash.