Install Visual Studio Code 1.15 on Linux Ubuntu Systems. Visual Studio Code is a code editor redefined and optimized for building and debugging modern web and cloud applications.
VS Code is a new type of tool that combines the simplicity of a code editor with what developers need for their core edit-build-debug cycle. Code provides comprehensive editing and debugging support, an extensibility model, and lightweight integration with existing tools.
July 2017 (version 1.15)
Welcome to the July 2017 release of Visual Studio Code. There are a number of significant updates in this version that we hope you will like, some of the key highlights include:
- Large file support – Improved performance for large files, no size limit on 64-bit machines.
- 64-bit Windows builds – Use your computer’s full address space with the 64-bit builds.
- Find in Markdown preview – Full search for Release Notes, Markdown preview, and Extensions.
- Auto-indent, Emmet 2.0 on by default – Source code auto-indenting and new Emmet support.
- Custom syntax highlighting – Easily adjust editor colors to your liking.
- Terminal environment variables – Preconfigure the Integrated Terminal environment.
- Color picker UI – Quickly create colors in your CSS, SASS, and Less files.
- Loaded Scripts Explorer – Easily review and step through loaded scripts during Node.js debugging.
- Markdown preview plugins – Add styles, scripts or plug-ins to Markdown previews.
- code.visualstudio.com updates – Tutorials for React, Angular and deploying Node.js to Azure.
- Preview: Multi-root workspaces – Settings and debug configurations across multiple projects (Insiders build).
Install Microsoft VS Code IDE
Run the following commands in Terminal to install Microsoft VS Code IDE :
sudo apt-get update
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb [arch=amd64] https://packages.microsoft.com/repos/vscode stable main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/vscode.list'
curl https://packages.microsoft.com/keys/microsoft.asc | gpg --dearmor > microsoft.gpg
sudo mv microsoft.gpg /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/microsoft.gpg