VidCutter, a simple and fast video cutter and joiner software, has reached the 4.0 release earlier today.
VidCutter 4.0 features:
- OpenGL-callback rendering
- full macOS support back
- big improvements on the old graphics hardware.
- much better stability and quality playback
- improved thumbnailed timeline w/ larger previews
- loads of fixes and see more here.
How to Install VidCutter 4.0 in Ubuntu:
The developer’s PPA contains the latest packages for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 17.04, and their derivatives.
1. Open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ozmartian/apps
Type in your password (no visual feedback while typing due to security reason) when it asks and hit Enter.
2. Then update and install the app via commands:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install vidcutter
VidCutter 4.0 does not launch in my Ubuntu 16.04. A workaround is to upgrade PyOpenGL by running command:
sudo apt install python-pip && pip3 install --upgrade PyOpenGL
To remove the software, run command in terminal:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove vidcutter
And remove the PPA via Software & Updates utility under ‘Other Software’ tab.