Terminal Emulator Tilix 1.7.0 released. Install Terminix Terminal Emulator in Ubuntu via PPA. Tilix, formerly known as Terminix is an advanced GTK3 tiling terminal emulator for Linux Ubuntu that follows the Gnome Human Interface Guidelines.
- Custom links – Terminals support custom titles and custom hyperlinks.
- Drag and Drop – Terminals can be re-arranged using drag and drop both within and between windows.
- Image Support – Transparent background image support.
- Multiple Panes – Layout terminals in any fashion by splitting them horizontally or vertically.
- Notifications – Supports notifications when processes are completed out of view.
- Persistent Layouts – Grouping of terminals can be saved and loaded from disk.
Run the following commands in Terminal to install Tilix terminal emulator on Ubuntu Systems, via WebUpd8 Tilix PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/terminix sudo apt update sudo apt install tilix
Once installed, open the Tilix emulator from Ubuntu Dash.