Simplenote, one of the most popular note-taking apps which was first started on iOS, now is available for Linux Desktops.
- History: drag the History slider to view previous versions.
- Collaboration: share your note with others and allow them to edit.
- Publishing: make your note public with its own URL.
- Tags: organize your notes effectively with tags.
- Pinning: pin notes right from the note list so they’re easy to find.
- Markdown support:
- Enable globally in Preferences -> Writing -> Enable Markdown.
- Enable in single note by selecting the Info panel icon and toggle the Markdown setting.
Install Simplenote in Ubuntu:
Download the .deb package from its website, then click install via Software Center.
Simplenote for Linux now is in 1.0.0 release. Report bugs and ask requests at github.com/Automattic/simplenote-electron/issues