How to install the latest Deluge BitTorrent Client on Ubuntu 16.10 and Ubuntu 16.04 Systems. Install Deluge BitTorrent Client in Ubuntu, using PPA. Deluge is a fully-featured cross-platform BitTorrent client. Deluge contains the common features to BitTorrent clients such as Protocol Encryption, DHT, Local Peer Discovery (LSD), Peer Exchange (PEX), UPnP, NAT-PMP, Proxy support, Web seeds, global and per-torrent speed limits.
Deluge has been designed to run as both a normal standalone desktop application and as a client-server. In Thinclient mode a Deluge daemon handles all the BitTorrent activity and is able to run on headless machines with the user-interfaces connecting remotely from any other platform.
Deluge comes with three main user interfaces (UIs):
- GTK UI for the desktop
- Web UI for the browser
- Console UI for the command line.
Deluge 1.3.14 (6 March 2017)
Fixed ‘Too many files open’ errors.
Added support for python-geoip for use with libtorrent 1.1.
Fixed a single proxy entry being overwritten resulting in no proxy set.
Added tracker_status translation to UIs.
Strip whitespace from infohash before checks.
Add missed feature autofill infohash entry from clipboard.
Backport bind interface option for server.
Security: Fixed WebUI CSRF Vulnerability.
[Console] Fix decode error comparing non-ascii (str) torrent name.
- AutoAdd? Plugin
Fixes for splitting magnets from file.
Remove duplicate magnet extension when splitting.
WebUI users: Highly recommended to upgrade to this release as it contains a fix for CSRF vulnerability that has the real potential to compromise your machine.
Windows users: The package now includes libtorrent 1.0.11 which should fix crashing on startup.
Install Deluge BitTorrent Client
Open Terminal and run the following commands to install Deluge BitTorrent client on Ubuntu Systems:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:deluge-team/ppa
sudo apt update
sudo apt install deluge
Once installed, open Deluge BitTorrent client from Ubuntu Dash or Terminal.
For whatever reason, you wish to remove and uninstall Deluge, run the commands given below to purge the PPA and remove Deluge BitTorrent client from Ubuntu Systems.
sudo apt install ppa-purge
sudo ppa-purge ppa:deluge-team/ppa
- GNOME Twitch 0.4.0 Includes Improved Chat, Re-Enabled Notifications, More
- How to Install Cinnamon 3.4 in Ubuntu 16.04, 17.04
- Kodi 17 Released! How to Install in Ubuntu 16.10, 16.04
- How to Install RawTherapee 5.0 in Ubuntu 16.04, Linux Mint 18
- Metamorphose 2 Bulk Rename Tool Available In PPA For Ubuntu 16.10 [Quick Update]
- Telegram Desktop 1.0 Released! How to Install in Ubuntu 16.04
- [How To] Install KDE Plasma 5.8 LTS on Ubuntu
- List of PPA Repositories for Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus
- List of PPA Repositories for Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak
- Install Planetarium App KStars 2.7 via PPA in Ubuntu 16.04