Scan and export PDF files on Linux Ubuntu Systems. Install Gscan2PDF on Ubuntu 15.10, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04 and Ubuntu 14.10. Once installed, use the Gscan2PDF app to scan and export PDF files on Linux Ubuntu Systems.
A GUI to ease the process of producing a multipage PDF from a scan. gscan2pdf should work on almost any Linux/BSD machine. It eases the process of producing a multipage PDF from a scan. It works on almost any Linux/BSD machine and can produce PDFs or DjVus from scanned documents. It is simple to use the app. Simply scan one or several pages in with File/Scan and create PDF of selected pages with File/Save.
Below are the changes that have been featured in the last three releases:
- Fixed warning from Perl 5.10.1 about use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry in Gscan2pdf/Dialog/Scan/CLI.pm
- Store absolute date instead of offset
- Fixed bug saving TIFF, introduced in v1.3.6.
- Fixed bug running tesseract from OCR dialog, introduced in v1.3.7.
- Fixed bug saving, retrieving and applying profiles
- Update to Czech translation
- Update to Ukranian translation
- Fixed check that pages have been saved
- Fixed scan->rotate->unpaper->OCR chaining (again).
- Filter out memory address from unpaper warning.
- Ensure that process numbering is properly reinitialised when queue is empty.
- Fixed error importing PDF with more than 999 pages. However, this exposed the problem that each page is held as an open temporary file and that the system can run out of file handles somewhere after 1000.
Install Gscan2PDF on Ubuntu
Gscan2PDF app can be installed on Ubuntu and Linux Mint Systems via some third party PPA. Run the following commands in Terminal to install Gscan2PDF on Ubuntu:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jeffreyratcliffe/ppa
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install gscan2pdf
Once installed, open the Gscan2PDF from Ubuntu Dash or Menu.
If you wish to uninstall and remove Gscan2PDF from Ubuntu and Linux Mint Systems, run the command given below in Terminal:
$ sudo apt-get remove gscan2pdf
- Install Gscan2PDF On Ubuntu , Scan & Export PDF Files
- Use Gscan2PDF App To Scan & Export PDF Files on Linux Ubuntu Systems
- Install G’MIC Plugin For GIMP Image Editor On Ubuntu 15.10
- Install DeaDBeeF 7.0 music player on Ubuntu 15.10 & Ubuntu 15.04
- How To Install Cantata 2.1 (Music Player) On Ubuntu
- How To Install Brackets 1.6 Text Editor On Linux Ubuntu Systems
- Install Inkscape Vector Graphics Editor On Ubuntu
- Install Uget 2.0.5 Download Manager On Linux Ubuntu
- Install Wine 1.9.4 On Linux Ubuntu Systems
- Install FFmpeg on Ubuntu, via Apt-Get – Terminal Command Line