In giant environments a single DHCP server might develop into overwhelmed by the quantity of shopper DHCP lease requests it receives. Load balancing your Windows DHCP server permits you to enhance efficiency and availability by spreading the load throughout a number of servers.
When a load stability cluster is created, a partnership between two servers is outlined. Each server is ready to learn and write to the DHCP scope’s database. Any modifications are then replicated to the opposite companion to insure consistency.
Clustering is completed on the scope degree, permitting us to make use of one server, na primjer, as a cluster companion with a number of distant servers. We can selectively select to cluster all scopes out there on a server or a number of scopes.
This step-by-step tutorial will information you thru configuring a DHCP load stability cluster on Windows Server 2012 R2.
- An present Active Directory Domain.
- Two Windows Server 2012 R2 servers which might be area members.
Install the DHCP Server Role
The DHCP server position have to be put in on each servers earlier than the cluster may be created.
- Log onto the primary server with an account that has administrative rights.
- Launch the Server Manager konzola.
- In the highest-proper nook, kliknite na Upravljanje.
- Kliknite Add Roles and Features.
- Na na Prije nego što počneš web page, kliknite na Sljedeći.
- Na na Select set up sort Prikaz, guarantee Role-based mostly or function-based mostly set up is chosen, after which click on Sljedeći.
- Na na Select vacation spot server display, guarantee Select a server from the server pool is chosen, choose the native server within the Server Pool record, after which click on Sljedeći.
- Na na Select server roles Prikaz, guarantee DHCP Server is checked. A dialog field referred to as Add Roles and Features Wizard will seem, if dependencies exist. Kliknite Add Feature to make sure all dependent roles or options are put in along with the DHCP server position.
- Kliknite Sljedeći.
- Na na Select options Prikaz, kliknite na Sljedeći.
- Na na DHCP Server Prikaz, kliknite na Sljedeći.
- Na na Confirmation display, kliknite na Uvesti koga u službu.
- After the set up course of completes, there ought to be a hyperlink named Complete DHCP Configuration. Click it to start out the DHCP Server Active Directory authorization course of. A DHCP server have to be approved earlier than it could actually assign DHCP leases.
- Na na Description display of the DHCP Post-Install Configuration wizard, kliknite na Sljedeći.
- Na na Authorization display of the DHCP Post-Install Configuration wizard, choose the suitable choice for choosing a consumer with area admin rights. This is required to authorize the server. When executed, kliknite na Commit.
- Na na Sažetak Prikaz, evaluation the output to make sure the authorization was profitable. Click Close.
- Na na Results display of the Add Roles and Features Wizard, kliknite na Zatvori.
- Log onto the second server and repeat steps P by way of 17.
Create a DHCP Scope
The cluster can't be created until a DHCP scope exists. Let’s create a easy scope to start out.
- Log onto the primary DHCP server.
- Launch the Server Manager console.
- On the highest-proper, click on Tools.
- Select DHCP from the Tools drop-down menu.
- From the DHCP tree on the left of the console, broaden the node named after the server.
- Select the IPv4 node by clicking it.
- Right-click on the IPv4 node after which choose New Scope.
- Go by means of the New Scope Wizard to create the brand new scope.
Create the Load Balance Cluster
- From inside the DHCP console, proper-click on the IPv4 node of the DHCP server tree on the left-aspect.
- Kliknite Configure Failover from the IPv4 context menu.
- When the Configure Failover dialog field seems, choose from the obtainable scopes that you want within the cluster. If you need to embrace all of them, verify the Select All field.
- Kliknite Sljedeći.
- Click Add Server so as to add the DHCP associate server. Alternativno, you possibly can enter its IP tackle or absolutely-certified area identify into the textual content subject.
- Kliknite sljedeće.
- On the Create a brand new failover relationship display, give the cluster relationship a reputation.
- Set the Maximum Client Lead Time worth utilizing hours and minutes.
- From the Mode padajući izbornik, Odaberite Load stability.
- Adjust the Load Balance Percentage values of the 2 DHCP servers. The default creates a 50/50 stability between each nodes.
- Ensure Enable Message Authentication is checked.
- In the Shared Secret textual content subject, enter a posh password that might be utilized by the servers. This ensures that solely servers who know the password can talk within the cluster.
- Kliknite Sljedeći.
- Verify your settings, after which click on Završiti.
- Log onto the second DHCP server.
- Launch the DHCP console and confirm that the scope we created on the primary DHCP server has been replicated to the second server.
Creating a DHCP Failover Cluster utilizing PowerShell
We can accomplish the identical process above utilizing PowerShell. This could be very helpful when administering the servers remotely from a shopper pc.
- Launch PowerShell.
- Korištenje u Add-DhcpServerv4Failover cmdlet. The instance under creates a partnership (cluster) referred to as Toronto-Loadbalance utilizing servers WS12-DHCP01 and WS12-DHCP02.
Add-DhcpServerv4Failover -ComputerName ws12-dhcp01.serverlab.intra -Name Toronto-Loadbalance -PartnerServer ws12-dhcp02.serverlab.intra -ScopeId 172.30.zero.zero -LoadBalancePercent 50 -MaxClientLeadTime P:00:00
- Verify the cluster’s configuration utilizing the Get-DhcpServerv4Failover cmdlet.
Name : Toronto-Loadbalance PartnerServer : ws12-dhcp02.corp.serverlab.intra Mode : LoadBalance LoadBalancePercent : 50 ServerRole : ReservePercent : MaxClientLeadTime : 02:00:00 StateSwitchInterval : State : Normal ScopeId : AutoStateTransition : False EnableAuth : True