SMPlayer is an open source video player which included all codecs once you install it. By installing it, you can play any video or audio without installing Ubuntu codec packages first. You can install SMPlayer from PPA repository. SMPlayer official website is at Sourceforge.
sudo add-apt-repository --yes ppa:rvm/smplayer sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install smplayer smplayer-themes smplayer-skins
Note: --yes option assumes you will answer yes anytime apt asks for permission. This will download 16 MB of packages and use 55 MB space after installation. files This PPA maintained by rvm.
You can open a video by right-clicking the file and choose open with SMPlayer. You can also open SMPLayer from Ubuntu menu.
- Install Elasticsearch on Ubuntu 14.04
- How to Install Wine 1.8 on Ubuntu 15.x / Centos 7
- How to Install / Uninstall GIMP 2.8.16 on Ubuntu 14.04 / 15.10
- Getting Started to Calico Virtual Private Networking on Docker
- Five Useful Tools For Debian Based Systems
- Install Glassfish 4 on a Debian 8 VPS
- How to Install Visual Studio Code in Linux
- Install Sysdig 0.1.101 (strace + tcpdump + lsof Exploration Tool) on Ubuntu and Debian
- Install Ambiance & Radiance Flat Colors Theme on Ubuntu Systems
- Easy Docker Containers Management with Panamax in Ubuntu 15.10