LibreOffice 4.3 is a free office suite application with very clean interface. It has included lots of tools, which becomes office management very easy. It is the most powerful free & open source office suite specifically for Linux desktop users.
For Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise) Libreoffice 4.3 is available under PPA. So use this article to install Install Libreoffice 4.3 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS & 12.04 LTS systems.
Use following commands to add libreoffice PPA to your system and install it on your system with simple steps.
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/libreoffice-4-3 $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install libreoffice
Check LibreOffice Version
After completing installation verify the installed version of LibreOffice. In place of below command you can use GUI access to check version.
$ libreoffice --version
To completely remove Libreoffice from your system, use following command. it will remove all assiciated data with this application
$ sudo apt-get remove libreoffice-core $ sudo apt-get remove --purge libreoffice-core
- How to Install Libreoffice 4.4 on Ubuntu 15.04 and 14.04 LTS
- LibreOffice 5.0 Released! Check Out The New Features
- Thumbnail Image for WebP, GIF, LibreOffice Docs in Nautilus
- Install LibreOffice 5.1.0 in Ubuntu, Linux Mint via PPA
- Corebird Twitter Client 1.2 Released [How-to Install]
- How to install and configure Solr 5.5 on Ubuntu 14.04
- Getting Started to Calico Virtual Private Networking on Docker
- Install Ambiance & Radiance Flat Colors Theme on Ubuntu Systems
- Install Double Commander File Manager On Ubuntu, Via PPA
- How To Install Brackets 1.6 Text Editor On Linux Ubuntu Systems