There are lot of twitter tips already in the market. You can find various tricks in eBooks, blogs & websites so why you’re here because I bet that you’ll never found all these “Working” twitter tips at one place. Here I’m giving you the proper guidance on how to start your twitter account, how to increase followers quickly, the best way to tweet, promotion of your twitter account and a sound list of twitter tools that will save your time.
Promote Your Twitter Account:
- Fill out your bio. Leaving it blank or non-descriptive doesn’t encourage people to add you.
- Treat your twitter profile as you would treat any other website. Send as much traffic as possible to your twitter profile.
- Use a “tweet this” button above/below all your articles which you think can go viral in twitter world.
- Add your name to twitter directories like: tweeps.pbwiki.com, justtweetit.com etc.
- Add twitter apps in your Facebook account that can send your tweets automatically to your Facebook profile.
- Link your twitter profile with your Digg, LinkedIn, Facebook, Blog etc.
- Use your twitter profile as email signature, forum signature and everywhere else you live online.
- Add yourself into more & more Twitter Lists.
- Bring your twitter account into the physical world. Broadcast your twitter account everywhere like in seminar, webinar, business card etc.
- Customized your twitter background. Use pic which is relevant to your nature/business.
- Set “auto welcome message” when someone start following you.
- Use your twitter profile URL while commenting on other blogs.
- Apply your real photo or your blog logo/banner on your twitter profile.
- Ask other twitter members to recommend you to their followers and you can recommend them to your followers.
- If you have good followers say 500+, you can display it on your blog as a widget/badge.
- Try to be more active on weekdays because on weekends, people enjoy their weekends & don’t care much.
- Participate in certain groups. Groups can be created using hashtags. And sometimes if the group message is a hot topic, then your tweets will be listed in “hot trending topics” in search or other famous twitter services. Ex:- #followfriday
- Bring your topic into top 10 Trending Topics.
Tips About Tweets & Posts:
- Be active on twitter through different types of posts.
- Tweet valuable things. Don’t just try to get traffic to your blog by tweeting only about your articles. Mix your tweets with friendly content.
- Tweet about your passion in life and use #hash tag them.
- Every tweet should be independent. It shouldn’t depend on previous or any other tweet.
- Try to show the main things within first 32 characters as only they’re visible firstly until & unless s/he is your favorite friend or must following u. Persons, who are online through devices can’t able to see more than 32 characters at first.
- Post your Digg story into twitter as new status http://twiggit.org
- Keep space between 2 links within your tweet. For e.g. during replying to some post if 2 links occur and they’re more closer than there are less chances of clicking these.
- Save your time by configure your blog RSS feed into http://friendfeed.com. Friendfeed submit new posts automatically to your twitter account.
- When you tweet something worth Re-tweeting, then use less than 140 Characters. Because, if your twitter ID has 5 characters, then a re-tweet will add a @ “a symbol” and “RT:” thus making a total of 140+1+3+5=149 characters. So use 125 or 130 characters.
- Tweeting link of some good pictures and breaking news get viral most of the times. You can also tweet about a new job or event.
- Asking questions – By asking questions, you can easily start the conversation with any stranger. May be they’ll follow u.
- Friend or Follow – Friend or Follow helping you figure out who your friends, follows, and fans are on Twitter.
- Qwitter – Once you’ve done your initial cleaning, Qwitter is a nice app that will update you via email whenever someone stops following you. It will even let you know what you tweeted that caused them to stop following you, which could be useful (if you lose five followers every time you tweet about your cat, for example, that might be a hint to stop talking so much about your cat if you want to retain followers).
- GroupTweet – Create private groups to communicate with your group members alone by sending the tweet as a direct message to the group tweet account. That will convert the DM back to tweet and publishes only for the group users. Private communication is established through this way.
- Tweetmeme – Displays popular topics on Twitter and those people talking about that topic.
- TweetBeep – Just like Google Alerts, this service will send you an alert whenever your set keyword is mentioned on Twitter or when somebody link to your site.
- TwitterCounter – With this plugin, you can display the number of followers you have on Twitter.
- Socialoomph – You can send auto direct messages, follow those who follow you, unfollow those who stop following you. You can manage multiple accounts and you know everything the biggest thing is it’s free.
- Mrtweet – Find folks who are highly relevant. Add value to awesome people – recommend them. Be found by people who are naturally relevant to you.
- Ping.fm – This service will update all of your social networks at once.
- Twitterless – Get notified when someone stops following you with Twitterless.
TwitResponse – TwitResponse makes it easy for you to schedule the delivery of your tweets ahead of time.
- MyCleenr – Sort your friends by their last tweets, and you can get rid of the inactive and useless accounts you’re following.
- Tweetwasters – Find out how much time you and other users waste on Twitter.
- 2tweet – Tweet photos and videos by email
- FutureTweets – Schedule your Tweets.
- TwitPic – Share photos on Twitter – Share photos with your friends on twitter with twitpic. No signup required, just login using your twitter account
- TweetWheel – Find out which of your Twitter friends know each other! – Find out which of your Twitter friends know each other.
- TwitBacks – Free Twitter Backgrounds – Create your own Twitter background with your branding – Free
- TwitterFone – Send Messages to Twitter with Voice – Send messages to Twitter using voice!
- Twollow – Auto Follow On Twitter –
- Who Should I Follow – Twitter Friend Recommendations | Who Should i Follow? – WhoShouldiFollow recommends people to follow on Twitter.
How to Increase Your Followers:
- Search & invite people which have same profile like you.
- Search and invite people which have huge followers.
- Ping your twitter account through ping.fm.
- Find your mutual friends, followers, followings etc from various twitter tools.
- Unfollow those who stop following you.
- If you have a website or a blog, display the follow me button at the top or any other highly visible space.
- Invite all friends of your Gmail, Yahoo mail etc as they are the most potential followers you can ever get.
- Follow others users. If you do not follow others and keep expecting lot of people to start following you, this will not work.
- Follow the top twitter users and watch what they tweet. Pay attention to the type of content they sent out and how they address their audiences.
Bulk Follow Tools:
- Twellow – Find Twitter users in a specific industry using this service.
- Twitseeker – An alternate search engine for finding twitter.com users. Many of the favorite but not mine. Also, this tool is currently blocked by Twitter as per the violation of terms. It find users basis on the search terms and users tweets/profiles and you can follow all those searched users in bulk.
Buzzom – What it does:
- Search other twitter members on the basis of your profile.
- Select & deselect users.
- Bulk follow & unfollow users.
- It also shows the number of followers & followings of other users.
Buzzom was the perfect tool for bulk followers but since 1 Jan’2010 they’ve changed the site layout & remove the bulk follow service. May be, they’ve added this features in paid one. In the free service, they’ve both features but you can’t use both features simultaneously.
Tweepi – (“Select All” feature is disabled on 28th january as per “Twitter TOS”) I’ve searched a new tool for getting huge followers. It’s a good tool to attract huge followers within minutes . Now the procedure to use:
- Find a twitterer, who’s having similar profile like you
- Login into tweepi with your account.
- Now you can follow other twitterer friends within minute.
Refollow (Now My Favorite) – Free, superb tool for bulk follow & unfollow feature & lots of other creative features like:
- Find twitterers, whom you’re following but they’re not following you.
- Find twitterers, who are following you but you’re not following.
- Find friends whom you didn’t follow previously.
- Have or don’t have pictures on their profile.
- When they last tweet.
- Number of days since they last tweet
- See number of followers.
- See number of friends.
- Locked & Unlocked twitterers.
- Can set the filters like search for any term or exclude any term.
- & many others features.
Other Twitter Hacks:
- If you’re listed on any unwanted list. Obviously you don’t want to stay there so how to remove yourself from that list. Block that user (which is the owner of the list) and then unblock him/her. You will not show up on their list anymore.
- @myflightinfo: Use @myflightinfo to stay updated on your flight’s status.