Google Chrome team has released Chrome 53 to the stable channel for Windows. Chrome 53.0.2785.89 contains a number of fixes and improvements. This update also brings Google’s Material design to Windows for the first time. You can now find flatter design and new iconography.
Chrome is now rendered fully programmatically including iconography, effectively removing the ~1200 png assets they were maintaining before. It also allows them to deliver a better rendering for a wide range of PPI configuration. If you are not a fan of Material Design, you can from disable it under chrome://flags/.
There is also a new dark theme for Incognito mode. They have added support for color emoji on Windows 10. Finally, they have also made significant improvements to performance and battery life.
Google Cast is now built into Chrome. You can also view websites that are not integrated with Cast on your TV by selecting the “Cast…” menu item from the Chrome menu.
It’s good to see Google finally taking real efforts in improving Chrome on Windows as it is now the most used web browser on Windows.
- [Tip] Disable Material Design UI and Incognito Mode Dark Theme in Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer 10 users need to move to another browser right away
- Microsoft Edge Gains Extension Support And Pinned Tabs In Latest Preview Build
- First Look at Brave Browser for Windows
- Download Windows 7 and 8.1 ISO Images from Microsoft
- How to remove Searchguide Level 3 Browser Hijacker
- Report: Microsoft Edge leaks private browsing data locally
- Not a fan of Microsoft Edge? Here's how to block the new browser in Windows 10
- Download Windows 10 ISO directly from Microsoft without the media creation tool
- 3 Settings You Must Change in Windows 10 and How to Do it