Most bloggers fail.
There, it’s been said.
They fail because blogging is not a piece of cake. It’s not like it was a few years ago, when every Tom, Dick and Stacy started blogs about their diets, their feelings and their woes.
Blogging has gone pro.
Now, on average, new blogs survive all of about three months before they become inactive.
But there is a ray of sunshine amidst the gloom… There are marketing automation tools out there that can help make sense of it all, simplify life, make you more productive and produce superior results that fatten your bottom line.
GetResponse is one such tool you can use to improve your marketing efforts dramatically.
It’s like feeding your blog Red Bull.
Give your blog wings with a marketing automation tool.
Image Source: Giphy
We’ll evaluate it’s super-powers in this post.
Why most bloggers fall flat
Word has it that there are give or take, 164 million blogs on the Internet. Most of them die before they see the light of day.
On the other hand, the top blogs making more than $15,000 per day remain strong.
It’s natural to wonder what makes some bloggers fail, while others thrive. It’s like new year's resolutions. Research shows that only one out of ten people actually achieve their goals. Most coast along, living day to day and never achieving their childhood fantasies. It’s sad, but that’s just human behavior.
That’s the human weakness out of the way. The other reason most bloggers fall flat is:
A. They don’t go into blogging with their eyes wide open so they don’t realize what’s required to make it work.
B. They get bored of producing enough content.
C. They don’t have a plan or a goal, so they are not motivated to do what it takes to succeed.
D. They don’t realize that traffic doesn’t arrive just because they start a blog.
You are never going to go places if all you do is add content to your website. So before we proceed, answer this:
What do you hope to achieve?
How marketing automation gives you wings
If you’re reading this, it’s safe to assume you’re motivated to do what it takes to get wings and make your blog soar. Good for you.
Let’s be frank. Blogging success means that your website gets enough traffic. And taking that one step further, it means getting enough of the right traffic: the kind of traffic that’s going to fulfill your financial goals, whatever they may be.
If you want to sell advertising on your site, you need traffic.
If you want to sell a product, you need traffic.
If you want to show off a portfolio, you need traffic.
You get the picture.
But let’s back up a bit.
How do top money-making blogs get enough traffic, and the right traffic?
- They know their target audience very well.
- They use the words their target audience use when doing searches.
- They make sure their website structure and content is SEO friendly.
- They produce great content that is truly beneficial to their audience.
- They know how to dangle the carrot in front of their audience.
- Their marketing is focused and implemented according to a plan.
- They work smarter and faster by automating their marketing initiatives.
Now we’ve covered that, how exactly does marketing automation boost your blogging efforts?
To answer that, it’s important to understand what’s involved in blogging success:
- Firstly, your blog needs to cover a topic that enough people want to know about.
- You have to know your target audience and what drives them.
- Your blog needs to be optimized for search engines.
- Since email marketing is the cornerstone of online success, you have to offer a carrot that's tantalizing enough, to get people to subscribe to your list.
- The emails you send to your list have to add value to their lives.
- The page you direct traffic towards has to appeal to your target audience.
- You need to know how to spread the word of your website and blog posts.
- You need to be able to check what's working and what's not, to make the necessary changes.
The following image depicts a typical marketing strategy of a blog:
Now imagine doing all this manually. The right marketing automation tools help by:
- Taking the guesswork out of marketing your blog.
- Offering one dashboard to work from to do many things instead of logging in to many different ones to do one specific thing.
- Making it easier to implement your marketing strategy.
- Harmonizing all marketing activities from one platform.
- Amplifying your efforts and once set up, running with minimal input from you or your team.
How the GetResponse tool makes you fly
Research suggests that many bloggers don’t know how to select the right marketing automation tool.
The result of this is that with top tier tools (the tools that were developed for corporations and their teams of people), small businesses are only using a pithy 10% of the capability. And now we get to the point: the reason why they only utilize 10%, is because of the learning curve involved when they first start using the tool.
Ease of use
GetResponse is the easiest marketing automation tool around, because it was designed for small business owners, and to make it easy for them to execute their plans without needing to be marketing gurus. For instance, take a look at the GetResponse dashboard:
They could not have made it simpler, or more aesthetically appealing.
Ease of use is the first exceptional point about the GetResponse marketing automation platform.
Affordability of the tool
GetResponse is one of the most affordable marketing automation tools; their Pro package costs $49 per month. As your blog grows, so will the cost of the tool. Compare the pricing to top-tier tools who charge a minimum of $199 per month…
Now, sometimes you get what you pay for, but GetResponse actually offers more than any other tool on it’s level, and it can just about stand alone with some of the top-tier tools which cost more than triple the amount GetResponse charges.
Get to know your target audience
No blog can be great without a deep understanding of what makes it’s target audience tick. Without this information, you won’t:
- Know what content to add to your blog, or
- How to dangle that proverbial carrot to get more subscribers, and
- Be able to keep subscribers on your list.
GetResponse offers survey software you can use to research your audience:
Plan your workflows
The second unique quality is the marketing workflow planner, which no other tool boasts, again, because of it’s simplicity:
With this one-of-a-kind planner, you can use triggers, conditions and filters to map out your processes. Best of all? As you map out the plan, the system makes the changes in real time. For instance, if you set a trigger like, “after 3 days, send sales email number 2”, you don’t have to go and repeat that anywhere, as the software does it for you.
Attract prospects with webinars
GetResponse is the only mid-level marketing automation tool that throws in webinar software as a lead magnet to attract traffic. Many bloggers feel intimidated by hosting webinars, but with this tool, all the mystery is removed, making it easy to understand and use.
Not only do you get the webinar capability, but you also get invitation and landing page templates you only have to tweak before going live with.
GetResponse provides everything you need to host an engaging webinar that attracts subscribers to your email list.
It goes without saying that GetResponse includes email marketing capabilities, and it’s much the same as any of the other tools, with two major exceptions:
- It offers sign-up form templates that look great, whereas many of the other tools don’t, and require plugins and all sorts of other stuff to make them look nice on your website.
- Although all marketing automation tools offer segmenting and tagging, not all of them offer scoring. Scoring is useful when mapping out your workflows, as you can assign “scores” to actions and make your email marketing more effective.
Build landing pages with ease
Most marketing automation platforms include a landing page builder, so not much is different here, but with GetResponse, there are many categories of page templates to choose from, which does make you look more professional. And of course, being GetResponse, they are easy to tweak and publish.
Using the landing page builder gives you better conversions because the pages have been tested and improved as much as they can be, all by professionals who know what they’re doing, which allows greater peace of mind for you.
Improve your results
After all’s said and done, you need to be able to measure your efforts, and then make it all better with improvements.
Now, all tools offer analytics for this purpose, but no other mid-level tool offers website traffic tracking where you can learn about visitor behavior and if you have an ecommerce blog, check what makes people abandon shopping carts.
Not many new blogs stick around for more than a year. And if they do, they don't get much traffic.
If traffic = financial reward, not many blogs are self-sustaining.
GetResponse is a marketing automation tool that gives your blog wings to make it soar, while simplifying your life and when set up, running beautifully on auto-pilot.
It's the easiest tool to use, and it's more affordable than most.
It offers functionality to help you get a better grip on your target audience via surveys and an especially simple way of planning workflows.
Host a webinar to attract more leads, get better results with email marketing and build landing pages that look professional and convert as high as possible. Finally, measure your results to find out how to get even better.
- [New]151 Free & Best Blogging Tools to Try in 2017 (And how to use them)
- How to find competitors backlinks for free and get backlinks.
- 13 New Social Media Tools for 2017
- All you need to start your new online venture: 10 tools & 10 useful resources
- Complete guide to keyword research for SEO
- Seven innovative social media marketing tools you should be using
- 40 free digital marketing tools to help grow your business
- 16 Free Tools for Facebook Marketing
- SEO Tools: 10 Best Free SEO Tools (Updated 2016)
- 10 Most Popular And Most Useful SEO Tools Available