Memory and performance PC accessories specialist G.Skill has launched a "revolutionary RGB lighting DDR4 memory kit". The DDR4 modules are based around the well regarded Trident Z series but of course boast an array of vibrant RGB LEDs. G.Skill has cleverly merged the multi-colour LEDs across the top of its distinctive heatspreader design.
Each Trident Z RGB module boasts a full length RGB LED light bar running across the top section of the heatspreader. Taking their power from the memory slot, the LEDs can operate in a number of glowing, throbbing, and wave animated ways. By default they display a rainbow of colours in a wave-style lighting effect. If you want to change the lighting / animation you will be able to do so from February onwards, when the accessory software is scheduled to be released.
One of the good things about G.Skill creating these RGB LED modules is that its Trident Z DDR4 memory kits are a known quantity here at HEXUS towers. G.Skill says that it has managed to integrate RGB LED tech "with minimal impact on DDR4 performance". The firm promises that it uses the same high performance custom 10-layer PCB and hand-picked IC chips, and this new RGB series is capable of speeds of DDR4-4266MHz. After manufacture the modules are then "rigorously tested under proprietary G.SKILL test methods for reliability and compatibility". Support for Intel XMP 2.0 allows for easy memory overclocking and BIOS setup.
Despite my headline, G.Skill's Trident Z RGB series DDR4 memory kits aren't scheduled to ship worldwide to retail partners until mid-January. Sorry about that. Anyway, the modules will be stuck in the single rainbow wave mode until the accessory software is released a month later.
G.Skill Trident Z RGB modules come with a limited lifetime warranty.
- Review: G.Skill Flare X 16GB DDR4-3200 (F4-3200C14D-16GFX)
- G.Skill bumps speeds of Trident DDR4 memory kits for Kaby Lake
- G.Skill Announces Trident Z RGB Illumination to DDR4
- G.Skill Shows Off Trident Z 8x8 GB and 8x16 DDR4-3333 Memory Kits
- Corsair Announces Dominator Platinum Special Edition and Vengeance LED Memory Modules
- Farpoint review
- CORSAIR Unveils Dominator Platinum Special Edition Torque 32GB DDR4 Memory Kits
- 'Far Cry 5' Could Be More 'Red Dead Redemption' Than Tropical Island
- Prey review
- Philips Izzy BM6 speaker review: Great concept, average reality