Fix and Restore a Corrupted User Profile in Windows 7
User profiles are collections of settings, including those for desktop the computer.Sometimes Windows 7 might not load a profile correctly and shows error User Profile cannot be loaded. Prior to taking extreme action such as creating a new profile, restart the computer and attempt to log on again.
1. If the problem persists, User profile cannot be loaded.
2. To fix the user profile, click Start and then click on control panel.
3. Click User Accounts under control panel option.
4. Click Manage another account.
5. Click Create a new account an Administrator. This must be different from the account which is corrupt.
6. Click on Folder Options.
7. On the View tab of the Folder Options dialog box, ensure that the Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives option is selected.
8. Open the folder associated with the old user account that has the corrupted profile. Select all file and folders in this folder, except the following:
9. Copy the files from this old user account folder to the folder associated with the newly created user account.
10. Don’t delete the corrupt user profile until you’re sure you have all the files you need from it.
11. When all the files are copied across to the newly created user profile, restart your computer and log onto the new profile.
12. To fix the user profile, click Start and type regedit into the search box and press Enter
13. Navigate to the following key:
14. Once you have located the folder for the corrupt profile and you have one folder with a .bak at the end, rename to remove the .bak part.
15. Double-click RefCount and change the Value data to 0 and click Ok.