Propagate is a verb meaning to cause something to spread or increase. It is often used to refer to the reproduction of plants and animals, but it can also be used to describe the spread of ideas and beliefs. Knowing synonyms for propagate can help you express yourself more clearly and creatively in your writing.
Synonyms for Propagate
Here are some synonyms for the verb propagate:
Examples of Propagate in a Sentence
Here are some examples of how you might use the verb propagate in a sentence:
- The virus has propagated quickly throughout the region.
- Scientists are attempting to replicate the plant species to propagate it.
- The political party is trying to disseminate their views to a broader audience.
- The teacher was able to extend her knowledge to her students.
- The company is trying to amplify its reach by advertising on social media.
Knowing synonyms for propagate can help you express yourself more clearly and creatively in your writing. Whether you’re talking about the reproduction of plants and animals, or the spread of ideas and beliefs, having a variety of words to choose from can help you be more precise and descriptive.