Install Rhythmbox 3.4.2 in Ubuntu 17.04. Rhythmbox is your one-stop multimedia application, supporting a music library, multiple playlists, internet radio, and more. Rhythmbox is free software, licensed under the GNU GPL.
Rhythmbox uses the GStreamer media framework for actual playback and a lot of other functionality, so in general Rhythmbox plays exactly those formats that are supported by GStreamer.
- Visualization plugin removed
- Responsiveness improvements during media player sync
- Better network buffering when crossfading is enabled
- Translation updates
- 697567 Critical Assertion Errors
- 701608 accept –version command-line option
- 770358 IM status plugin: Remove Gossip support
- 770462 Rhythmbox should not display “Examining files 0 of 0”
- 770486 grilo plugin leaves empty directories in /tmp
- 770920 rhythmbox crashed with SIGSEGV during import
- 770983 Expand playing icon column in entry view
- 771335 Use generic signal marshallers
- 771337 Ensure same size progress bar in task list
- 771405 Update README
- 771884 Rhythmbox should confirm before overwriting playlists.
- 772997 Search not cleared on clicking “View All”
- 773404 Client: Disconnect doesn’t reset browser selection
- 773466 Server: Do not transmit unplayable rhythmdb entries to the DMAP client
- 773695 Import hangs for special file ( socket )
- 773729 Playqueue UI improvements
- 773858 Link podcast feed / episode plugin menus
- 774336 Properties with long text is not ellipsized in property view.
- 775294 GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget) assertion failures when selecting “Radio France” source
- 775447 Grilo plugin needs quality column
- 776292 Memory leak in error handling of utimes on podcast-timestamp
- 781184 Send tracks: update plugin description
- 783016 iradio plugin should include WUVT-FM
- 784957 build failure with gcc 7.1.1
- 785304 open settings crashes the app
- 785805 Keyboard navigation with tab is broken by search entry widget
- 787785 DLNA audio playback stops after 30 sec, can get back briefly with seeking
Install Rhythmbox 3.4.2 in Ubuntu
Run the following commands in terminal to install Rhythmbox 3.4.2 in Ubuntu via Ubuntu Handbook PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/apps
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install rhythmbox
Install Rhythmbox 3.4.2 in Ubuntu 17.04 originally posted on Source Digit - Latest Technology, Gadgets & Gizmos.