Gscan2pdf, a simple GUI tool to produce PDFs or DjVus from scanned documents, has reached the new 1.8.7 release that is primarily comprised of bug fixes and some improvements.
- Add units to scan and edit paper dialogues.
- Remove unsupported libsane-perl offered as Frontend choice
- Fixed support for Poppler (pdftops) as postscript backend.
- Remove “reload recursion limit” option in Edit/Preferences. Set reload recursion limit as triangular number of number of scan options. i.e. if there are 5 scan options, the recursion limit is 5+4+3+2+1=15
- Fixed crash with scanimage frontend due to empty cache
- Ghost save button, rather than hiding save dialogue if all pages removed.
- Fixed bug causing profile dropdown to be cleared after setting profile
- Filter out integers from tool warnings, analogous to the hex warnings from unpaper.
- Fixed visibility of options in save dialogue (again).
- Right mouse click in thumbnail panel makes the page range (e.g. in save dialogue) default to “selected”.
- Take filename of PDF to email from default filename settings (and therefore from metadata). If this produces a blank filename, use “document.pdf”.
- Fixed bug requiring scan dialog to be requested twice after changing frontend
- Update to Hungarian translation
How to Install Gscan2pdf 1.8.7 in Ubuntu:
Die PPA des Entwicklers offers the latest packages for Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 17.04, and derivatives.
Open terminal via Ctrl+Alt+T or by searching for “terminal” from app launcher. When it opens, do following steps:
1. Add the PPA via command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jeffreyratcliffe/ppa
Type in your password (no visual feedback while typing due to security reason) when it prompts and hit Enter.
2. For those who have a previous release installed, upgrade it through Software Updater:
For the first time, you can either install it via Synaptic Package Manager or by running following commands in terminal:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install gscan2pdf
Wie zu entfernen:
To remove gscan2pdf, either use your system package manager or run command:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove gscan2pdf
And the PPA can be removed via Software & Updates utility, under Other Software tab.