Claws Mail, the lightweight fast GTK+ email clent, has reached 3.15.1 release recently. Here’s how to install it in Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 17.04, and higher via PPA repository.
Claws Mail 3.15.1 is a bug-fix release with following fixes:
- Contact pictures not deleted when contact is deleted
- Fails to build in Debian kfreebsd-*
- Crash upon deleting tags.
- AttRemover deletes message and fails to create new one when disk is full
- “Re-edit” should not recycle the Message-ID header
- autogen.sh fails with invalid test on line 33
- segfault at startup with old profile and IMAP account
- slibtool causes compile failure
- fix crash in sieve manager window when no account has sieve enabled.
- fix incorrect labels in folder selection dialog.
- fix RSSyl feeds getting renamed to “Untitled feed”.
- fix Resent-Date value.
- fix typo around libarchive in configure.ac.
How to Install Claws Mail via PPA:
For those who want to install the latest 3.15.1 release of the email client in Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 17.10, a deilliadau, do following steps to get it from PPA:
1. Open terminal via Ctrl+Alt+T or from application launcher. Pan fydd yn agor, run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/claws-mail
Input your password (no visual feedback while typing) when it prompts and hit Enter.
2. Then upgrade via Software Updater if you have a previous release installed:
or run following commands to check updates and install Claws Mail:
sudo apt update sudo apt install claws-mail
To remove Claws Mail email reader, either use your system package manage or run command:
sudo apt remove --autoremove claws-mail
To remove the PPA, launch ‘Software & Updates’ utility and navigate to Other Software tab.