Avidemux 2.7.0 released. Download and install Avidemux Video Editor in Linux Ubuntu. Avidemux is a free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks.
It supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a variety of codecs. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities.
The release statement says that Win32 binaries on fosshub was damaged, it has been re-uploaded under the name v2. On windows, some antivirus do not like recent versions, it is a false positive. There is no virus/trojan. The code is generated on linux.
- Core:FFmpeg switched to the 3.3.x branch
- Editing:Fixed frame computation bug that led to bad cutting (euma)
- i18n:Korean translation (sheppaul)
- win32:Put log files into the local folder (achim71)
- Jobs:Fix name of the executable search
- UI:Steplessly zoom paused video when the window is resized (euma)
- UI:Added Ctrl+Shift+C shortcut to copy the current PTS to clipboard (euma)
- Filter:eq2: UI improvements (euma)
- Decoding:Fix VP9 decoding
- Filter:Using rubber bands for crop too (me+euma)
- Build:Redone packaging on macOS
- Decoding:HEVC decoding via DXVA2 blacklisted on win32, active on win64
- New Filter:ADM ivtc
- Audio:Distinguish between AC3 and EAC3 when importing
Install Avidemux Video Editor on Ubuntu
Ubuntu users can install Avidemux AppImage on all Ubuntu Linux Systems:
Install Avidemux Video Editor on Ubuntu 16.04
Avidemux Video Editor can be installed on Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 15.10, Ubuntu 14.10, Linux Mint and other Ubuntu Derivatives. Run the following commands in Terminal to install Avidemux Video Editor on Ubuntu 16.04 Systems:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu xenial-getdeb apps" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/getdeb.list'
wget -q -O- http://archive.getdeb.net/getdeb-archive.key | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt update
sudo apt install avidemux2.7-qt
Once installed, open the Avidemux Video Editor from Ubuntu Dash or Terminal.