Ark: Survival Evolved v504 is finally coming to PS4, and the update is just hours away. With an approximate release time of 11 a.m. EST, Tek Tier hopefuls don’t have to wait much longer. A tweet from Studio Wildcard director Jeremy Stieglitz revealed the news Wednesday night.
The update’s full patch notes can be red below, and they arrive courtesy of Ark’s official console forums.
UPCOMING VERSION: V504
All PC equivalent content up & functionality through v254.93
- New Mechanic: Hairstyles & Facial Hair (with real-time growing), Hair Dye-ing, & Haircutting + Scissors
- Tek Tier Phase 1: Tek Engram system, Element Resource system, Tek Replicator, Tek Rifle, Tek Helmet, Tek Visor, Tek Jetpack, Tek Boots, Tek Gloves, Tek Rex Saddle, Tek Transmitter, and more.
- New Dino: Ovis Aries
- New Dino: Basilosaurus
- New Dino: Baryonyx
- New Dino: Purlovia
- New Item: Lance (for jousting of course!), and you can now also use a Shield when Weapon-Riding (provided you are using an appropriate Weapon).
TheCenter Mega Update
- Third person mode, accessed by holding down the Map button and then selecting third person.
- Additional Server Host and Single Player Settings (Deleting Save & Maximum Difficulty)
- Major Distance Field Shadow Memory Improvements
Valentine’s Holiday Event [One Week Only]
- Dinos have a 5 percent chance to drop a box of chocolates when they mate. Chocolates can be used for a full heal or to advance 50 percent of a taming Dino’s bar.
- New unlockable facial and head hairstyles (via craftable items) for male and female
- New unlockable “heart” emote
- Servers can launch with “-vday” to get (extra) 2x Mateboost range, 3x mating speed/mating recovery, 3x baby/egg maturation speed and one third baby food consumption.
Especially if you haven’t downloaded Ark on any other platforms, PS4 update v504 brings a ton to the table. The Tek Tier is a fun addition for those who’ve already reached the endgame or just want to cheat their way to flying around like Iron Man. This update came to PC in January and Xbox One on Tuesday. After a slight delay, Sony’s audience can now enjoy it.
It’s worth remembering that we have a few new guides to get you started with this update as well. Want to learn how you can get the Tek Tier ? Want to quickly train all four of the new Dinos ? We’ve got you covered!
Ark: Survival Evolved is available in early access on PC, Xbox One, PS4, OS X and Linux.
What do you think of the changes in Ark PS4 update v504? Are you enjoying the Tek Tier? Tell us in the comments section!