SlideShare is a strong platform for selling your services and for serving to to construct your model.
SlideShare has over 60 million customers, and it's a notably essential channel should you’re advertising to different companies. You might imagine that, as a result of it’s referred to as SlideShare, it’s only for sharing slideshare shows. However, when you can share slides (shows), you may as well share paperwork, infographics and movies on the platform.
In this text, we’ll check out 5 alternative ways to turn out to be simpler on the site.
- 60 million distinctive customers per 30 days
- four hundred,000 new SlideShare shows per thirty days
- More than 10 million shows uploaded each month.
B. Build your presentation utilizing Haiku Deck
The drawback with shows is that they're time consuming to create, however Haiku Deck cuts down on the time required to put together them. Haiku Deck is a software for creating shows and it integrates with SlideShare to permit you to add your shows immediately to the site.
Here’s the way it works:
When you launch the device, you will notice a easy interface. You begin off by choosing a background template (you need to use your personal template if you need) after which choosing the format of your beginning slide.
There are six templates to select from (two are displayed throughout the highest of the picture under) and 4 totally different slide codecs.
You can now begin including content material to the slides.
One good function of Haiku Deck is the power to choose and add photographs you can seek for via the software. The pictures displayed have Creative Commons licensing, which signifies that you don’t have to pay for them so long as you give credit score to the proprietor of the picture.
If you need to add graphs to your presentation, you'll be able to choose from three totally different types. It’s very straightforward to edit/update the content material on them.
Summary - Haiku Deck is an easy-to-use device for creating shows. You are restricted within the choices you've to make a presentation, however these restrictions assist with simplicity. You can simply construct a presentation in a short time for SlideShare utilizing Haiku Deck.
P. Create your imagery utilizing Canva
If you need to get a bit of fancier with your slides, Canva is an excellent cool picture creation software that gives graphic design functionality, even when you don’t have any graphic design expertise!
When you begin off with Canva, you possibly can choose the varieties of pictures you need to create. If you choose the presentation type, then you're introduced with a variety of templates which might be appropriate for slides for a presentation. There are over one hundred to select from.
When you select one in every of them, you can begin adjusting the picture/textual content measurement and altering the colours of the textual content.
There’s additionally a big suite of colourful and helpful textual content packing containers that you'll be able to add to your presentation.
You can even add your personal photographs and/or search from a database of over M,000,000 photographs.
Summary - Canva is a quite simple device to use and also you’ll be stunned how shortly you possibly can create slides that look nice. You will in all probability want to use Canva in conjunction with presentation software program (e.g. Powerpoint) because it solely produces photographs or PDF paperwork.
O. Add clickable hyperlinks
Most shows on SlideShare don’t have clickable hyperlinks, however it completely makes a lot of sense to add them.
If you add clickable hyperlinks to the primary three slides in your presentation, SlideShare will disable them in order that they gained’t work! But you can add hyperlinks on different slides.
So, how do you add these hyperlinks?
You do it in the identical means as you'd add any hyperlink to another presentation. For instance, add a button with some name-to-motion textual content to your slide, and choose the menu choice ‘Insert’, adopted by ‘Hyperlink’.
Here, you add within the hyperlink to the related web page of your website.
Yes it’s that straightforward! So why isn’t everyone doing it? We don’t know, however we expect they need to be!
Here’s an instance of a clickable hyperlink from a HubSpot presentation. Go to the final slide and also you’ll see three clickable hyperlinks on the final web page.
A. Create charts with ChartBlocks
ChartBlocks is a really properly designed and straightforward-to-use on-line device for creating charts. Charts are nice for giving individuals a neater visible to perceive complicated data.
With ChartBlocks, you possibly can specify your data set, create a chart, export it as a picture after which embrace it as a part of your presentation.
To create a chart, you enter in your content material in a desk or import it from an exterior supply. You then choose the kind of chart you need and configure it to fit your wants. Here’s how an instance chart seems (the configuration choices are on the left).
When you’re creating the chart there's loads of flexibility, for instance:
- Change dimensions – regulate the dimensions of the graph that you really want to publish
- Change fonts, colours, background picture shade, etc.
- Adjust line thickness of axis, grid, etc.
- Change any textual content surrounding the graph.
So, if you'd like to create graphs and also you’re in search of one thing simpler than Excel, ChartBlocks is an effective various.
5. Optimization whenever you add
When you add your content material to SlideShare, you want to think about how will probably be listed and located, each on SlideShare and on Google.
Here are some sensible ideas:
- File identify – Ideally, you'll put the key phrases you need to rank for within the filename used to entry the presentation.
- Title – The title of the presentation can be utilized by Google to index this content material and shall be displayed in search outcomes. But Google solely makes use of the primary sixty five (typically a bit bit extra if there’s a lot of slender characters) characters, so concentrate to this if you find yourself importing. This can also be essential for SlideShare indexing.
- Description – The first one hundred fifty five characters of the outline will probably be displayed in Google search outcomes. In SlideShare itself, you possibly can have a for much longer description so that you want to write for Slideshare and for Google. Write a compelling abstract within the first one hundred fifty five characters after which a extra detailed description to comply with this.
- Tags – These are necessary to make certain your content material could be discovered inside SlideShare.
- Category – Make positive you might have the right classes in order that, when customers on SlideShare are filtering based mostly on class, they will discover your presentation.
- Links inside the content material – As talked about already, after the primary three slides you possibly can embrace hyperlinks inside your SlideShare content material. This ensures you get extra visitors to your website when individuals do truly see your slides.
- Content – Make positive your content material consists of related key phrases that you really want to rank for. This is identical as together with the key phrases or associated key phrases inside the content material of a blog publish.
- Sharing – Make positive your settings permit individuals to share/embed your presentation. The extra views, shares and embeds you get, the higher.
SlideShare is a strong platform, notably in the the B2B area. One of the best methods to use SlideShare is to take your blog submit content material and rent somebody to create slideshare shows based mostly on it. You want to all the time make it possible for the shows are visually interesting and optimized appropriately for search.
Do you employ SlideShare? Have you seen any advantages consequently?
As typical, I would love to hear your ideas.